ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Warrior/resolved Tactics
From Guild Wars Wiki
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
| Warning: This page is believed to have unresolved attribution issues. Please add attribution information on the talk page.|
"Contains an unattributed section from another page."
Life Infusion's Issue -- 03:28, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
- Shields Up! is front-loaded, non-removable, non-interruptible. It is one of the skills that is bounded by energy cost of 10 for a Warrior but Paragons can use this better than Warriors resulting in "Tactigons". Also the name doesn't quite fit seeing how +24 armor is more than 16 armor you get from a shield.
- In addition, this can be chained when it is a multiple Paragon Team.
- Make it 5 energy (for warriors' sake) and lower armor bonus to 16 armor since shields give a maximum of 16 armor. Then make it only give the armor to people that don't have a shield equipped. Remove 50% block to alleviate unremovable non-interruptible block chance that makes d-shot basically a pain to use on "tactigon" foes. Then increase duration by 50% from 5...10...11 to 8...15...17, to compensate for the balancing.
TimeToGetIntense's Issue -- 03:28, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
- Similar to above. I'd like to note, however, that the problem is that it screws over Ranger interrupts and is impossible to counter aside from Magebane Shot. The fact that it stops pressure from Paragons and Rangers is not bad.
- I have 3 suggestions
- Add an activation time of 1 second to allow interruption to become a counter. Possibly change skill type to Chant.
- Change the blocking to only work while not activating spells and lower energy cost to 5.
- Lower cost to 5 energy, add "you lose all energy".
IP adress's Issue -- 7 November 2008
- Heavy abuse by Monks. While I fully endorse the use of secondary profession skills to augment one's build, I cannot stand abuse of skills which have no downside to certain primaries. Skills for a primary profession - in this case: Warrior - should always be at LEAST on par in usefulness compared to a secondary class - in this case Monk - using it. The same applies to Dark Escape.
- "For 1...5 seconds, you gain +24 armor and have a 75% chance to block attacks. Disciplined Stance ends if you use an adrenal skill or cast a spell."
Worthless for warriors, overabused by monks
- Same as above. 5 energy is harsh for a warrior especially for only 4 seconds of protection. If it was maintainable, that would be almost 4 pips of energy regeneration as cost.
- Suggestion 1
- 1e 15r, ends if you use a skill on another ally.
- Suggestion 2
- 5e 15r, lasts for 1...4...5 seconds plus 1 second for every 3 ranks of strength. Ends if you use a skill on another ally.