Cleansing the Undercity
|Cleansing the Undercity|
|Section||Kaineng City Quests|
|Storyline||Beyond: Winds of Change|
|Given by|| Initiate Zei Ri |
in Kaineng Center
|Preceded by||Cleansing Shenzun Tunnels|
|Followed by||Cleansing the Sunjiang District|
From Vizunah Square (Local Quarter)
- Completing this quest changes the foes that appear in the Undercity, specifically, Afflicted will no longer spawn.
If you have access to Vizunah Square (Local Quarter) you can begin this quest from there and head directly to the Undercity. If you don't have access to Vizunah Square (Local Quarter), then start in the Marketplace, head to Wajjun Bazaar, and enter the Undercity from there.
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Warrior
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ranger
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Monk
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Necromancer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Mesmer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Elementalist
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Assassin
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ritualist
- Initiate Zei Ri
- "Reports of Afflicted within Kaineng are dwindling every day. People are beginning to see the benefits of our work, and more people are rallying to join our cause. It's amazing, isn't it? There's an infectious quality to moving forward that people just get swept up by. No offense to a great hero such as yourself, but I welcome the time when people won't rely on lone saviors to solve their troubles. They'll tackle problems themselves.
- "What do you say we continue to fight the good fight, and deal with the Afflicted in the Undercity?"
- Initiate Zei Ri: "What an unfortunate place The Undercity is..."
After the first encounter
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Before I joined the Ministry of Purity, nothing drove me except my own grief. Through them, I found a purpose. I wish that the people here could do the same."
- [Player]: "What makes you say that?"
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Look around you. Does this place look like a fitting home for any but those who have nothing else?"
After the second encounter
- Initiate Zei Ri: "When the Afflicted are gone, we can begin to rebuild. We can not only replace what was lost, but build a new and better world."
After the third encounter
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Perhaps we can bring hope back to these people. I fear it is a thing they're long since forgotten."
Before the fourth encounter
- [Player]: "I think we've found the last of them. Let's provide them a swift exit from this world."
- Initiate Zei Ri
- "That did it! The Undercity has been cleansed of the plague, and our task here is almost at an end. Knowing that people can safely walk these streets brings me a certain peace of mind. Our deeds can't bring back what I've lost, but maybe they can keep someone else from experiencing what I went through."