Containers are used to store items in your character's inventory.
Every character's inventory has one place for a Backpack, one place for a Belt Pouch, two places for Bags and, since the Fourth Anniversary content update, 1 place for an Equipment Pack.
A Backpack holds 20 items, a Belt Pouch holds 5, bags can hold 10, and the largest Equipment Pack can hold 20. Thus, a character can hold up to 65 items; however, an Equipment Pack can only hold weapons or armor not customized for another character.
- The backpack cannot be dragged away into another container or be destroyed.
- A bag holds 5 items, 10 when upgraded with a Rune of Holding.
- Charr Bags and Zehtuka's Pack hold 10 items and are treated like a bag.
- Equipment Packs come in various sizes. The Small Equipment Pack holds 5 items, the Light Equipment Pack holds 10 items, the Large Equipment Pack holds 15 items, and the Heavy Equipment Pack holds 20 items.
- Only weapons, armor and costumes may be stored in an Equipment Pack.
- The Backpack, Belt Pouch and common bags can be dyed. Equipment packs, Charr Bags, and Zehtuka's Pack can be dyed, but do not show any change in color.
- The Incubator Kit isn't technically a container as it can't be equipped in the inventory, though it can be used to store specific items.