Guild:Guardians Of Phoenix
This Guild article has not received any edits in over 3 months. If this is not rectified by Thursday, 21 June 2012 the Guild will be assumed inactive or disbanded and the article might be deleted, per our Guild pages policy.
| This page is about a particular player guild. |
The contents of this page are player-managed and do not represent official Guild Wars lore. Any roleplaying, fictional, speculative, or opinionated claims on this page apply solely to the players in the guild, not to the Guild Wars canon. Guild pages must comply with the guild pages policy.
|Guardians Of Phoenix [GoP]|
|Type|| mainly PvE|
rarely GvG, AB
|No. of members||~15|
|Guild Hall||Warrior's Isle|
|Time zone|| CET(GMT+1)|
Guardians Of Phoenix was formed in July 2005 as a casual PvE guild for players aged twenty to thirty. The goal was to make an active democratic and mature guild. Through active recruitment during the following months the number of members quickly grew to 30 to 40.
After winter 2005 the guild unfortunately met a decline in members due to many of our newly found friends not playing Guild Wars anymore for personal reasons or simply because they grew bored of the game (shame on them). The guild then opened itself a bit more for younger players.
(Rest might be added when I can get someone in the guild to care about the wiki).
As of September 2008 the guild is more or less on (forced?) hiatus since most members (inconveniently including the leader) don't play the game much anymore. The remaining active members left one after the other to go their own ways in new/other guilds. GoP is waiting for GW2 ...
Our aim is to be a guild which indeed plays the game together. To help other guild members with missions or quests is greatly encouraged. The main reason for playing the game should always be fun.
The guild hierarchy differs from the default Guild Wars system. It's structured as follows:
- Leader / Vice Leader: The leader position of the guild is held by two people. The actual leader in the game mechanic is decided by who of the two is currently more active and thus more likely to be reachable should matters requiring the leaders attention arise. The two positions are Anführer (leader) and Co-Anführer (vice leader).
- Officers: The next level consists of the Offiziere (officers) who pretty much represent the function the developers gave the position.
- Knights: The Ritter (knights) are a subdivision between officers and normal members. They have normal member status in the game but are specially elected to help and counsel the leader and officers in matters like: election of new officers or knights, changes to the guilds system / website / forums, etc. They can also veto a decision of the leader/officers.
- Wardens: Normal members are called Wächter (wardens).
- Novices: Novizen (novices) are members on probation (normally 1-2 weeks).
Even though member numbers have dwindled over the years GoP currently does not actively recruit. However anyone wanting to join may use the forum (only German) to apply for membership. (Don't expect a response, though, as the forum is as dead as the guild itself.)
- In game: Amelya Stormblade / Quirin Maximus (Leader)
- On the wiki: User:Ctarl
- Guild Forums: http://www.gophomepage.bboard.de/ (temporary)
- Alliance Forums: http://www.verwandte-geister.de.vu/
|Verwandte Geister Alliance|
|Members||Guardians Of Phoenix • Legion Des Schicksals • Zirkel Der Sturmjaeger|