What is Guild Wars Wiki?
Guild Wars Wiki is a website for Guild Wars collaboratively written by many of its fans. It is a special type of website, called a wiki, that makes collaboration easy. Many people are constantly improving its articles with changes, all of which are recorded on article histories and recent changes. Inappropriate changes can be removed, and repeat offenders can be blocked from editing.
See the FAQ for more information on the history and vision of Guild Wars Wiki.
The content on this site can be edited through any internet browser, with no additional software. For technical help on how to edit, consult any of these links:
Don't be afraid to edit—anyone can edit almost any page, and we encourage you to be bold! Find something that can be improved, whether it be content, grammar, or formatting, and make it better.
Minor Edits help avoid clogging up the Recent Changes. Use minor edits and Show Preview when necessary.
New users are encouraged to create an account so that contributions are properly attributed to them. It also makes it easier for other users to contact them.
We try to follow a common style and format across articles for consistency. When editing, you can generally look at a similar article for an example or consult the formatting guidelines.
You can't break Guild Wars Wiki (but please, don't try to). Anything can be fixed or improved later. So go ahead, edit an article and help make this the best source of information on Guild Wars!
When editing an article, if your changes are only limited to a small section, it is a best practice to use the edit link of the enclosing section. If your changes involve several different sections, consider using the edit link at the top of the page instead of editing one section at a time. Also, before saving your changes, always verify them with the preview button before committing your changes.
- Copying content directly from other wikis
- Other wikis for Guild Wars generally use licenses that are incompatible with ours, and most of their content cannot be used here. See Guild Wars Wiki:Copyrighted content for details.
- Assuming that this wiki is all-inclusive of any Guild Wars info, or that it follows the conventions of other wikis
- This wiki has its own policies and formatting guidelines. Also see Guild Wars Wiki:Article retention for more about what kind of information is retained here.
- Believing that this site directly represents ArenaNet
- At most levels, this is a site run by the community of Guild Wars fans who edit here. For game support issues, refer to the PlayNC.com Support Center.
- Assuming control of submitted content, or creating personal pages in the wrong place
- Any submitted content generally becomes open for others to edit (through GFDL or ArenaNet/NCsoft copyright). Articles can be mercilessly edited by anyone as long as site policies and guidelines are followed. See Guild Wars Wiki:User page for details on a place for more personalized pages.
Finding something to help with
- As a relatively new wiki, we are still missing some articles. If you find a subject that needs an article, you can add some basic information and create it (it doesn't have to be complete!). See the list of wanted pages for pages that are linked to, but have not yet been created.
- Articles that are in need of fixing to conform to the formatting guide can be found at Category:Cleanup.
- Some articles have only basic information and need to be filled out -- these are known as "stubs". To find and help with these, look through Category:Stubs.
- Although they are no longer "stubs", some articles still have sections that are very short -- known as "stub sections". They can be found at Category:Articles with stub sections.
- To join or start a focused effort on improving specific areas of the wiki, see Guild Wars Wiki:Projects.
- Some users like to browse pages at random to find articles to improve. Use the "Random page" link in the side navigation box. Many others prefer to help with current problems and conflicts, which can be found in the list of recent changes.
- Check out Gem's wiki improvement project which concentrates on key areas of the wiki and gives rewards for the best and most helpful contributors.