|Region||The Battle Isles|
|Preceded by||Team Arenas|
Heroes' Ascent, also known as HA or Tombs, is a continuous global tournament between teams of 8 players from all over the world. Teams compete in several arenas in sequence before finally meeting in the Hall of Heroes, where they may win valuable loot.
Heroes' Ascent is also sometimes known as "Tombs" or "Tombing". This refers to the original location of the tournament, which was the Tomb of the Primeval Kings, prior to the update which implemented Heroes' Ascent.
The Hall of Heroes has 9 Arenas, 1 qualification round and 1 waiting area:
- The Elite Zaishen Battle
- The Underworld
- Fetid River
- Burial Mounds
- Unholy Temples
- Forgotten Shrines
- Golden Gates
- The Courtyard
- The Antechamber
- The Vault
- The Hall of Heroes
Additionally, the following maps are currently out of rotation:
- You may bring up to two Henchmen into this mission.
- International Districts usually contain higher concentrations of players than home districts.
- Tips for getting into teams:
- Having higher ranking in the Hero Title Track may help as rank discrimination is often used.
- Having more campaigns and more skills unlocked for use will expand your build possibilities.
- Try to learn and use more popular/requested builds and/or professions.
- Play with your friends, guild or other players close to your rank.
- Burial Mounds and Scarred Earth used to host 6 teams of 8 players each, for a total of 48 players, making those areas the most populated non-town instances in Guild Wars history.
- The global tournament used to be located in the Crystal Desert at the Tomb of the Primeval Kings ("tombs"). The Tombs were renamed to Heroes' Ascent and moved to the new Battle Isles during the Factions PvP Preview Event.
- The party size changed several times: In the October 5th 2006 update it was set to 6 players and reverted on Friday, March 29, 2007 game update to 8 players again.
|Locations in the Battle Isles|
|Ports, towns and outposts:||Great Temple of Balthazar • Guild hall • Zaishen Menagerie • Costume Brawl (Hidden; Halloween festival only)|
|Cooperative missions:||Embark Beach (Quest)|
|Challenge missions:||Zaishen Challenge (outpost) • Zaishen Elite (outpost)|
|Arenas:||Random Arenas (outpost) • Codex Arena (outpost) • Heroes' Ascent (outpost)|
|Explorable areas:||Isle of the Nameless • Isle of the Nameless (PvP) • Zaishen Menagerie Grounds|