- This article is about the arena. For the outpost, see Rollerbeetle Racing (outpost).
|Region||The Jade Sea|
|Victory condition||1st to finish|
|Effect|| Rollerbeetle Racer|
Rollerbeetle Racing is a mini-game that first appeared during the Canthan New Year event as an addition to the Shing Jea Boardwalk. The player is transformed into a Rollerbeetle and must race other players to win Gamer points and either Victory Tokens for the Dragon Festival or Lunar Tokens for the Canthan New Year, as of 2008. Races run as long as the boardwalk is open. Players who score within the top 100 will receive a special prize at the end of the festival (one prize per account).
These races do not cost anything to enter.
Six players compete against each other in a race to the finish line. Each player automatically receives three core skills which become avaliable when the gates open and when they travel through each of the checkpoints. The other five skills can be charged only by hitting a Power Up Box, when a power up box is hit a random one of the 5 will be charged, you can only hit the same Power Up Box once.
Each player has a bar called RRPM (Roll Rate Per Minute), which affects your movement speed. You move faster as your RRPM increases.
There are seven checkpoints spread through the racetrack. These checkpoints recharge your three core skills. If you are approaching a checkpoint and still have these skills active, it is recommended that you use them just before you travel through the checkpoint.
|Rollerbeetle Dash||Harden Shell||Ram||Distracting Lunge||Spit Rocks||Rollerbeetle Echo||Rollerbeetle Blast||Super Rollerbeetle|
- Rollerbeetle Dash: Increases your RRPM (speed).
- Harden Shell: Provides immunity against knock down.
- Ram: knocks down adjacent opponents and provide a brief speed boost.
- Distracting Lunge: Temporarily disables all of opponents skills.
- Spit Rocks: Spit out projectiles that knock down opponents if they hit.
- Rollerbeetle Echo: Echo skill, similar to Echo.
- Rollerbeetle Blast: Knock down opponent like Spit Rocks, but effect is instant and does not require line of sight.
- Super Rollerbeetle: You travel at maximum speed for 10 seconds and immune to knock down.
- Note: Bolded skills are core skills which are recharged by reaching each of the 7 checkpoints.
- Hills and slow inclines reduce your speed to a crawl (about 10%)
- Water reduces speed by 50%
Once a player has crossed the finish line, all of the other players have 30 seconds to finish the race or they don't collect a reward.
- First Place
- Second Place: 5 Tokens and 5 Gamer points
- Third Place: 3 Tokens and 3 Gamer points
- Fourth Place: 2 Tokens and 2 Gamer points
- Fifth and Sixth Place: 1 Token and 1 Gamer point
- During Canthan New Year, a Miniature Greased Lightning will be awarded to the top 100 scorers. Repeated listings will not grant extra prizes (one prize per account).
- Players start out with 600,000 points and lose 1,000 for each second that has elapsed
- Sync enters are sometimes organized between players who wish only to grab the fastest times and not impede others.
- You cannot mouse-click move as a roller beetle in these races.
- Most of the time if you are even within 10 seconds of 1st place and you use it correctly, Super Rollerbeatle will take you to 1st place.
- Gameplay is similar (perhaps a tribute?) to the Mario Kart Nintendo game series.