A Peaceful Solution
|A Peaceful Solution|
( Elonian only)
|Given by|| Kohanu |
in Zehlon Reach
(Click to enlarge)
When you go to the non incorporated village in Zehlon Reach for your own pleasure you overhear a teacher reprimanding his student. You choose to help the teacher and help him deal with the problem by coming along with his student Shaudok and see to it that Shaudok doesn't go too far with the "negotiations".
 Quest information
- Speak with Shaudok.
- Travel with Shaudok to the merchant's camp.
- Drive off the merchant's bodyguards.
- See Kohanu for your reward.
After taking the quest from Kohanu you have to speak to Shaudok. He will now come along with you to wherever you are going. Upon arriving at the merchant Dashon a dialogue will take place after which you get attacked. The bodyguards Merkod and Nadara are both warriors. With a 4 man team (human or hero/henchman) they should be no problem to beat. You will not have to kill them only bring down their health to about 20% and then they will turn friendly. You can do that one at the time. A second dialogue will now take place and after that you can return to Kohanu for your reward.
 Initial dialogue
When getting close to Kohanu and Shaudok:
- Kohanu: "You're a loose cannon, Shaudok! I can't have you running around the island willy-nilly breaking kneecaps! It's just not respectable."
- Shaudok: "I get results, Kohanu! It's not my fault that sometimes the only way to deal with a bad situation is to use a little force!"
- Kohanu: "One more mistake and you're out, Shaudok. I'll have your spear and shield!"
- "As much as I dislike his methods, Shaudok does have a point. There are a lot of problems the Sunspears can't deal with officially, and some of them really need to be solved. In particular, there's a local merchant that's a bit of a problem. He managed to put all of his competitors out of business and now overcharges local farmers for essential supplies. Could you go with Shaudok and try and convince the merchant to lower his prices? The Sunspear Order is willing to reimburse him for some of his lost profits if he'll turn over the grain to the farmers. I just need you to make sure Shaudok doesn't try and use any of his usual methods to change the merchant's mind. And by " changing his mind" I mean "kill him"."
 Intermediate dialogue
When starting the quest by talking to Shaudok:
- "Kohanu wants me to do what? Well, I guess if thats what he wants, I should give it a try. I don't like the idea of paying the dirty scoundrel, but I suppose I can't always solve problems with brute force. Maybe if we're lucky, Dashon won't listen to reason. Anyway, let's go. Lead the way!"
Upon meeting Dashon:
- Dashon: "Aieee! Merkod! Nadara! help! It's that blasted Sunspear here to threaten me again, and this time he has hired goons with him!"
- Shaudok: "What? No,no...I'm just here to talk. Unfortunately..."
- Dashon: "You can't fool me that easily"
After defeating Merkod and Nadara:
- Dashon: "All right, all right! You win. I'll make some price cuts. Thirty percent off!"
- Shaudok: "Look, we know you have to make a living. The Sunspear order is willing to reimburse you if you're willing to lower your prices. How about you make it fifty percent, and we pay you twenty?"
- Dashon: "Well, I suppose that's reasonable."
- Shaudok: "Success! We should go report back to Kohanu."
 Reward dialogue
- "What? Argh, his bodyguards? Well, I suppose it can't be helped...you didn't exactly start the fight, so it's not really your fault. At least the merchant agreed to lower his prices. I suppose Shaudok has earned a second chance. Thank you for your help, <Player Name>."
- Mutually exclusive with A Loose Cannon.
- Shaudok is more a dead weight than a loose cannon. He simply won't join any fight.