A Show of Force
From Guild Wars Wiki
|A Show of Force|
|Section||The Desolation Quests|
|Given by|| Officer Lohru |
in Remains of Sahlahja
|Preceded by||Temple of the Monoliths|
|Type|| Secondary quest|
(Click to enlarge)
Take a team of Palawa Joko's minions and destroy the Great Margonite Temple and the Graven Monoliths that dwell there.
 Quest information
- Inform Palawa Joko about the Great Margonite Temple in The Sulfurous Wastes.
- Report to Officer Lohru in the Remains of Sahlahja.
- Report to Officer Lohru in The Sulfurous Wastes. She will release minions to you.
- Destroy the Great Margonite Temple with the rune!
- See Palawa Joko for your reward.
 Environmental changes
- Once this quest has been completed, allied Mummies will spawn in The Sulfurous Wastes and Graven Monoliths will no longer spawn in The Sulfurous Wastes.
- Firstly, you need to travel to the Bone Palace and talk to Palawa Joko.
- Next, you will need to travel back to the Remains of Sahlahja and talk to Officer Lohru (the quest giver). She will also give you a Rune of DOOM.
- Then you must travel outside to The Sulfurous Wastes and optionally talk to Officer Lohru out there. There is no reason not to, though you are able to complete the quest without taking this step. She will give you four Minions of Joko to fight for you. They will not really help that much, just doing a little damage and taking some damage for you. Before you leave, consider bringing a lockpick or key, because in the temple there is one Ancient Elonian Chest and one Treasure Chest (the latter of which does not need a key).
- Next you must travel from there to the Great Margonite Temple (structure at the bottom left of the map) using the wurms. You will have to defeat all of the enemies in the temple, then destroy it. There will be a ton of Graven Monoliths, but with your wurms, it should be no problem. There will also be Abaddon Shrines lining the outside of the temple. You will need to use each shrine, with the Rune of DOOM that you got earlier in your inventory. When you use each shrine, five Graven Monoliths will always spawn. With them will be either zero, two or four Margonites as well, except in the first shrine on the right-hand side when you first enter the temple. On the left-hand side, the first four Shrines will have only Monoliths, the last two will have two margonites. On the right-hand side, the first shrine will have three Margonite bosses, the next three will have four margonites and the last two will have two margonites.
- After you use all of the shrines, your quest log will be updated, telling you to travel back to the Bone Palace and see Palawa Joko for your reward. You do not have to defeat all of the spawns to complete the quest.
- 24 (24) Officer Lohru
- 20 (20) Minion of Joko (4 of them)
- 24 (26) Margonite Executioner
- 24 (26) Margonite Bowmaster
- 24 (26) Margonite Cleric
- 24 (26) Margonite Seer
- 24 (26) Margonite Sorcerer
- 24 (26) Margonite Ascendant
- 24 (26) Margonite Reaper
- 22 (26) Graven Monolith
- 28 (30) Dupek the Mighty → Magehunter's Smash
- 28 (30) Hauseh the Defiler → Corrupt Enchantment
- 28 (30) Tanmahk the Arcane → Invoke Lightning
 Initial dialogue
- Officer Lohru
- "Master needs to know about the Great Margonite Temple in the Sulfurous Wastes. Since you are the only one who has seen it, you must relay all that you saw. Perhaps then he will send me additional forces so that we can deal with the threat before it grows stronger."
 Intermediate dialogue
- Palawa Joko
- "I'll bet the Margonites are using the temple to focus Abaddon's power to activate more graven monoliths. Officer Lohru can request all the troops she wants, but all my forces are occupied elsewhere. You must go back to this temple to destroy those shrines and eliminate the Margonites. That is the only way we can keep them from overrunning us. Go back to the Remains of Sahlahja and tell Officer Lohru that I will send her whatever assistance I can, but you will have to be the main component of this assault."
- Officer Lohru
- "Master has sent a small contingent, but it seems that they have been commanded to follow only you. He has also sent a strange rune that will destroy the shrines to Abaddon. All you must do is place it upon them. When you are ready, meet me in the Sulfurous Wastes and I will release the slaves to you."
- Officer Lohru
- "Are you ready to destroy the Margonite temple, <Character name>? Master has sent these troops to help you. They have no will of their own and will follow you wherever you go. Take them with you to the temple. The Margonites will not release control of the temple easily."
 Reward dialogue
- Palawa Joko
- "Excellent, I can feel Abaddon's grip weakening already. With the temple destroyed, monolith activity should subside. I will send a small group to guard the area. You've done well, <Character name>. I may have been the only one who could have done it better."
- This quest can be used in conjunction with Requiem for a Brain to farm Sunspear and Lightbringer points (see Guide to farming Lightbringer promotion points).
- Some players avoid claiming the quest reward, since it provides an easy opportunity to farm Graven Monoliths for Inscribed Shards (needed for Sticks and Stones) or Elemental Swords. Remember to map out while one shrine remains (or abandon and retake the quest).
- Although this quest is marked as "Master" difficulty, it can be easily completed using Junundu.