All Alone in the Darkness
|All Alone in the Darkness|
|Given by|| Keeper Halyssi |
in Gate of Secrets
(Realm of Torment)
|Preceded by||Kormir's Crusade|
|Followed by||Gate of Madness|
Quest route through ruins.
Quest route avoiding ruins.
 Quest information
- Meet Kormir in the Domain of Secrets.
- Search for the missing scout in the Domain of Secrets with Kormir.
- Rescue Ahtok from the attacking Margonites.
- Speak with Ahtok.
- See Runic Oracle for your reward.
Enter the Domain of Secrets and speak to Kormir. While in this area, your party suffers from Veiled Nightmare (skills cost 40% more Energy to activate). Follow the quest arrow and make your way to Scout Ahtok avoiding over-aggro. Once within radar range, you must rescue him from the attacking Margonites. If he dies, the quest fails. Talking to him will trigger a cinematic. Do not walk into the portal before talking to Ahtok.
- 20 Scout Ahtok
Human (Order of the Sunspears)
- 20 Kormir
 Initial dialogue
- Keeper Halyssi
- "While I do not know where the temple lies, I have noticed increased Margonite activity within the Domain of Secrets recently. It may be nothing or it may be Abaddon marshaling forces at the temple. I told all of this to that other Sunspear scout who came through here before you. He rushed off on his own to search for the temple. I tried to stop him, but he seemed...determined. Perhaps you should go find him. The Domain of Secrets is where Abaddon keeps his darkest and most terrible secrets, which no man should behold alone. I fear he may already be lost."
 Intermediate dialogue
- "<Character name>, we should hurry. This place is everything the keeper said it was...horrible beyond belief. And he was right about the increased activity. Something big is happening here. What was that scout thinking? A lone Sunspear wouldn't last long here. We must find him as soon as possible. Then we can all look for the temple together."
- Upon approaching Ahtok
- Scout Ahtok: "Kormir! Help me!"
- Kormir: "Ahtok needs help! Sunspears...to arms!"
- Scout Ahtok: "Whew! That was close."
- "<Character name>! Kormir! Am I glad to see you! You got here just in the nick of time, it seems. Keeper Halyssi sent you? Thank the gods. I followed a Margonite patrol right to the entrance of that lost temple he mentioned, but I got pinned down and couldn't find a safe route out. The temple is heavily guarded. From what I can tell, Abaddon's generals have gathered a large portion of their forces there for some uncertain purpose. If we wish to enter the temple, we'll have a hard fight ahead of us.
- It's all or nothing!
- Are you sure you're ready to move on? This could get dangerous.
- We are ready. (sent to All Alone in the Darkness (cinematic))
- We are not ready yet.
 Reward dialogue
- Runic Oracle
- "The temple you seek can be found here, but entering it will not be easy."
- Kormir follows the party leader. Never attacks and rarely uses skills but "Incoming!". Foes cannot target her but she gets harmed by AoE skills.
- You may consider doing Escape from the Torment quest since it is in the same area.
- If you select to help Scorch Emberspire with A Flickering Flame and its follow-up quest Dismember the Titans, he will accompany you, but not help in any way, nor does he take any damage.
- The name of the quest is a reference to the Alone in the Dark video game series.