|Allowed levels (Zaishen Challenge and Elite)||Any|
|Allowed levels (normal)||20|
The Elonians used arena combat as a means of solving judicial disputes. The Amnoon Arena was constructed to carry out this role. Today it is one of the most demanding arenas in all of Tyria.
Players start on opposing sides of the map with a central cross-like structure dividing the direct path in two. The two 'arms' directly in front of the starting points are walls of stone, while the other two are fenced stairs. There is also a narrow bridge creating a way through the central structure. There are no environmental effects.
- Teams with ranged attackers will generally gain the greater advantage at the choke to the right of their starting location, where the height advantage and unobstructed view play to their favor.
- Conversely, it is often better for melee- and/or caster-heavy teams attempt to draw the enemy through the center, where the close quarters and obstructions provide them with the greater advantage. This is especially true for teams utilizing AoE skills, like Rodgort's Invocation or Visions of Regret.
- Casters should attempt to use the walls to their advantage: they obstruct projectiles and significantly increase the distance that melee has to cover in order to change targets. Using the walls as cover to avoid Ranger interrupts while resurrecting fallen teammates is also advisable, even for non-casters.
- Though more difficult to use, the larger sand dunes can also serve as obstructions. However, this is easily countered by moving to the top of the dunes.
- This arena used to be accessible from Amnoon Oasis as 6 on 6 Annihilation with pre-formed teams directly after release of Prophecies, but this possibility was later removed with the first update to the Random Arena system, integrating it into its rotation as 4 on 4.
|Annihilation arenas:||Amnoon Arena • Ascalon Arena • Churranu Island Arena • D'Alessio Arena • Fort Koga • Petrified Arena • Shing Jea Arena • Shiverpeak Arena • Sunspear Arena|
|Obelisk Annihilation arenas:||Brawler's Pit • Heroes' Crypt|
|Priest Annihilation arenas:||Seabed Arena|
|Kill Count arenas:||The Crag|
|Out of rotation arenas:||Ahmtur Arena|