|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Region||Depths of Tyria|
|Reward chest||Arachni's Spoils|
|Required quest||Scrambled Reinforcements|
Getting there from Rata Sum
Map of the first level.
Map of the second level.
Arachni's bone pit in the second level.
Arachni's Haunt is the lair of a mighty spider and her brood of matriarchs. The web-strewn caverns also contain potent energy veins the Asura tap to fuel their creations. Commander Hixx and his battle krewe were station [sic] here to protect this resource, and they're still locked in an unending battle against the matriarchs. These creatures spin webs that no normal fire can burn through. In response to this sticky development, Mamp developed a super-heated staff capable of burning through the silk and setting the matriarch's massive egg sacs ablaze. Fragments of destroyed young can still be found littered amongst the corpses of Hixx's shattered patrol. Destroying the egg sacs, it seems, is a sure way to enrage the spider matriarchs, as well as Arachni herself.
These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- 1 (20) Beacon of Droknar (Provides Dwarven Raider, all levels)
- 20 (20) Dagnor Grubeater (level 1) (5 Lavastrider Appendages)
 Light of Deldrimor Rewards
 Level 1
- 24 (24) Dwarven Ghost can be found in the rectangular chamber with the poison arrow traps.
- Dwarven Ghost can be found near the Spider Matriarch, on the ledges above the eggs. Go behind the left hand eggs to find it
- 1 (20) Secret Switch in level 1, at the bottom southwest of the map, near Lok The Mischievous, which opens the door to a secret area that contains multiple Hidden Treasures and a Dwarven Ghost.
- Hidden Treasure can be found next to the dungeon key.
- Hidden Treasure can be found near Dagnor Grubeater.
- Note that though you can walk past them easily, burning the spider eggs is the only way to spawn bosses - and thus get the keys you need.
 Level 2
- There is a secret passage way that opens at the Area Map if you use Light of Deldrimor at the nearest intersection to the Area Map and then activate the switch. This passage way will lead you straight to the Flame Guardian. The passage also contains a Hidden Treasure.
- A Hidden Treasure is located under the Flame Guardian.
- There is a Hidden Treasure in the dead end way, leading south, starting from the Beacon of Droknar (room full of beetles)
- There is a Dwarven Ghost and 2 Hidden Treasures by the coffins in the tar (the glowing effect is invisible here). The Treasures are placed almost central to the exit and about three Zhed-Lengths into the room. From the exit and to the ramp, respectively.
- There is a Hidden Treasure in the candlelit hallway just before the tar.
- 5 (5) Albino Rat (level 2)
Arachnids (all levels unless otherwise noted)
- 14 (24) Spider
- 20 (26), 24 (26) Needling Lavastrider
- 24 (26) Venomweaver
- 24 (26) Lifeweaver
- 24 (26) Painweaver
- 24 (26) Bloodweaver
- 20 (26) Flame Guardian (level 2)
- 20 (26) Roaring Ether (level 1)
- 24 (26) Burning Spirit (level 1)
- 24 (26) Flowstone Elemental (level 1)
- 28 (30) Forge Master (level 1)
Incubi (level 2)
Insects (level 2)
Jellies (level 1)
Plants (level 1)
Skelk (level 2)
- 28 (30) Brood Warden (level 1) → Crippling Shot
- 26 (30) Spider Matriarch (two on level 1, one on level 2) → Stunning Strike (The Matriarch's Stinger)
 Boss-like foes
- 29 (32) Arachni
- You earn 1,500 Asuran reputation points the first time you complete this dungeon in normal mode (2,250 in hard mode); subsequent visits reward half that (750 and 1,125 points respectively).
- Lok The Mischievous's fiery boulders will kill you instantly if you are struck by them, although they do not cause any Death Penalty.
- To disable the fire traps on Level 2, kill the Flame Guardian in the southeastern corner.
- Arachni's nest is located within a ring of colossal bones covered in webs.
- Prior to the 20120719 update, players could reach the second level behind the door by scraping the right side.
|One-level||Ooze Pit • Fronis Irontoe's Lair • Secret Lair of the Snowmen|
|Two-level||Arachni's Haunt • Bogroot Growths • Sepulchre of Dragrimmar|
|Three-level||Bloodstone Caves • Catacombs of Kathandrax • Cathedral of Flames • Darkrime Delves • Heart of the Shiverpeaks • Oola's Lab • Raven's Point • Rragar's Menagerie • Shards of Orr • Vloxen Excavations|
|Five-level||Frostmaw's Burrows • Slavers' Exile|