ArenaNet:Guild Wars 2 suggestions/Joining a guild should be character based
|Guild Wars 2 Suggestions|
Joining a Guild should be Character based instead of Account based so your PVP char can play in a PVP guild while your PVE char can be in a PVE guild if you want or if you simply want to be in your friends guild with once char and in a big guild with another char
- Why this is a good idea
- You can be in several guilds at once based on your interests.
- Nothing would need to change in how activity, memberships and GvG are handled.
- Players would have the freedom of trying out new facets of play (ex PvP) with a guild specifically suited for it.
- Why it may not work out
- A person could join the same guild several times over making it more difficult for a guild to kick someone.
- How would an individual character's inactivity be measured?
- Would new characters start outside of a guild despite every other character being in a guild?
- There are rules around GvG combat which need a player to be in a guild for a certain amount of time.
- It makes it more difficult for a player to identify a character with a player.
- People could exploit the fact that they have different ones per character.
- Hard to people to keep track with.
- People may want the same guild per character, using up slots in the alliance.
- (upon the above) With 8 chars per player, and say 10 players in a rather small guild, you already get 80 players to scroll through. Let alone 50 players thus 400 chars. Gets you a major headache.