ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Monk/Smiter's Boon
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
Hydra's Issue (PvP) 23:53, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- Issue: removed from the game, useless.
- Solution: Make it somewhat like an attunement, 2 sec cast, 45 recharge, duration depending on divine favor.
Issue with Heroes using Smiter's Boon
- Issue: Heroes rarely use this regardless of its placement on the skill bar and how many Smite skills they have.
- Suggestion: Make them want to use it as they enter combat, and increase the likelihood of them reactivated it during combat. They reapply Channeling which is for energy management, and when Smiter's Boon is correctly used the added healing can potentially save energy. Make the hero want to activate it under the same conditions of Channeling.
- Issue: I refuse to explain myself. The problem is too obvious.
- Suggestion: ...make it not 100% unuseable. This can at max be maintained 6% of the time. Six.
- Issue: Nerf makes me want to reconsider playing Guild Wars.
- Suggestion: ...Either revert this back to former form or completely change the skill description. Nerfing something because of one GvG team or a HA weekend (lol, who uses smiters in HA?;o) is stupid tbh.
- Issue: Nerf made me really consider quiting Guild Wars. I'm tired of everything getting nerfed.
- Suggestion: Revert it back to its former form, Smiting monks really have no healing other than divine favor, so why make smite monks useless? Even with it, with an average of about 600 health for a character in pvp, healing by an average of 36-40ish x2 per spell isnt much, when usually you take about 60 damage per skill/spell. Even if you spam a smiting skill like Reversal of Damage, your energy will run out from spamming little 70 health heals. Without this skill being decently usable, support smite monks are completely useless. And for your nerfs, you do have more of a thing than just nerfing the skills used in GvG or HA, what about all of the other arenas? AA, SA, SSA, RA, ect. You Nerf a skill like that, and you screw everyone in every arena who uses it. If you still believe it was overpowered then how about you change it to something like
10 energy 1 cast time 30 second recharge' For 25 seconds you gain ONE HALF of your divine favor bonus to your smiting prayers.
that way its not AS effective, but it is still useful. With an Average of 36-40 + 36-40(1/2) = 54-60 per Smiting Prayer, and I say again, you have to really spam skills for it to be the main source of healing, and with the 1 second cast time, it could easily be interrupted by someone with any skill for interrupting, and if you are interrupted you have a while to wait before its cast able again. Also enchantment removal could hinder this a lot less overpowered, seeing as the 30 second recharge.
Issue : Remove it if you need to, but don't make it the worst skill ever.
Suggestion: For x...x...x seconds, your next Smiting Prayers Skill have double Divine Favor healing bonus, All your Smiting Prayers skills will be disabled for x seconds.
Maybe with 5-10 energy cost. 1/4 Cast time. Recharge depends on seconds how much time it lasts, but Recharge should be like +5-+10seconds to Disabled seconds . Example - [ Disable for 10 seconds, then Recharge is 10 +5-+10 = maybe 20 seconds recharge.
"Abusus non tollit usum", or
"misuse does not remove use".
Okay, it was being abused in Team Arenas (and Guild Versus Guild). That was pretty obvious. However, the nerf of this didn't fix the problem. The builds that this was intended to nerf are still at large, albeit with slightly different skills. Meanwhile, this skill is laughably horrible. No, I take it back: this skill is so horrible that it's not laughable. I know that the balancers essentially wanted to remove it from play because it was being abused in TA, etc. It didn't work. Period.
Solution: Implement a more advanced version of the PvE/PvP split, splitting PvP further into different sections (i.e. "Smiter's Boon (PvP - TA)"). This way, it can remain nerfed and you can keep your delusions of this actually fixing TA while the rest of PvP gets to enjoy the restoration of this skill.
Simple enough? --Gah Eat my uber regen. 21:48, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
Smiter's Boon (Pve)
Psych's Issue 18:10, August 23 2008
Issue: The hero thing and if you smite in pve you are laughed at and kicked from whatever pug you are in.
Suggestion 1. 5 1/4 10 for 0...30 (12 progression) seconds your smiting prayers have TRIPLE the divine favor bonus and your smiting prayers spells deal double Damage. Obviously the most radical and possibly op of my suggestions but at least the 0 duration at 0 divine favor would keep elementalists from using the smiting prayers spells. Honestly the healing would still be mediocre and since most smiting prayers are single target and have long recharges so would the damage. Even if banish was doing 120 armor ignoring damage :P.
Suggestion 2. 5 1/4 10 for 0..30 seconds your smiting prayers spells have triple the divine favor bonus and your smiting prayers spells that target an ally deal double damage. This would give smiting monks a fighting chance in pve with a 160 damage smite hex that heals for 120.
Suggestion 3. 5 1/4 10 for 30 seconds your smiting prayers have triple the divine favor bonus. At least it would be a small buff for monks who want to smite.
- -WORST. NERF. EVER.
- --Falconeye 05:40, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
Bathory's Issue 02:38, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
- This was nerfed in PvP, but it's still pretty weak in PvE, where the damage doesn't offset the lack of real healing or protection in the Smiting line. Adding an attribute buff would allow it to be used with non-ally-targetting spells as well as things like Smite Hex or Reversal of Damage.
- 5 ¼ 10
- Enchantment Spell. (30 seconds) Your Smiting Prayers spells have double the Divine Favor bonus. You have +1...2...2 Smiting Prayers.