( Tyrian only)
|Given by|| Armsman Pitney |
in Piken Square
|Type|| Secondary quest|
(Click to enlarge)
 Quest information
- Find Old Mac's body out in the Breach.
- Escort Old Mac back to Piken Square.
- Return to Armsman Pitney for your reward.
Exit Piken Square and travel West towards some old ruins and climb the slope (killing the Charr along the way). Watch out for patrols(composed of a Charr mesmer and two rangers). Head towards the Charr Elementalists and take out the various patrols in this area one at a time. Afterwards move south and look for an entry into the rock wall to the west, usually blocked by a Charr Overseer, Martyr, and Axe Warrior (visible on the radar). Kill them. Move onward and you will soon see Old Mac, usually close to a Charr Overseer and a Martyr.
Quickly make your way to Mac and kill the nearby Charr — if he dies, you have to restart the quest. Backtrack your way to Piken. Wait the quest to update before passing through the portal.
- 5 Joe
- 7 Old Mac
 Initial dialogue
- Armsman Pitney
- "After the Searing, I couldn't just sit there and do nothing. Ashford was destroyed, and I'd be damned if I wasn't gonna fight for what was left of Ascalon. Turns out I even had some natural ability with weapons, so the prince and the duke welcomed me into their Vanguard, and I haven't looked back. Things can get a little lonely out here on the front lines, though, and watching most of your friends die can really take it out of you. Old Mac was just about the only one from the old days left, and he and his creepy pet went missing during our last battle."
- "Would you do me a favor and head to the Breach? See if you can find his body?"
 Intermediate dialogue
- Old Mac (upon finding him)
- "Pitney sent you out here because he thought I was dead? Why that ugly son of a Grawl! He thinks he'll outlast me in this war does he? Me and Joe here will show him! Lead the way back to Piken and let's prove him wrong!"
- Old Mac: "Ah, Piken Square at last. You go tell Pitney that Old Mac and Joe made it back safe and sound."
 Reward dialogue
- Armsman Pitney
- "He's alive? I knew he was tough, but to last out there by himself... Well, I suppose he had that creepy pet of his to help him survive. He's never going to let me hear the end of this, still it'll be good to have him back. I can't thank you enough, «name». You're a credit to Ascalon."
- This is a useful quest for lower-level characters: it is relatively easy and awards useful skills.