From Guild Wars Wiki
(Redirected from Bleed)
Concise description: You have -3 Health degeneration.
— In-game description
 Related skills
 Skills that cause bleeding
- Barbarous Slice — if not in a stance.
- Crippling Slash (elite)
- Deadly Riposte — blocks next melee attack and inflicts bleeding on the attacker.
- Deflect Arrows — if a projectile attack is blocked.
- Desperation Blow/Drunken Blow — 25% chance on hit.
- Lacerating Chop — if target is knocked down.
- Seeking Blade — if blocked.
- Sever Artery
- Barbed Arrows
- Barbed Trap
- Brambles — when any creature is knocked down.
- Feral Lunge — if target is attacking.
- Glass Arrows (elite) — if blocked.
- Hunter's Shot
- Lacerate (elite)
- Melandru's Arrows (elite)
- Melandru's Shot (elite)
- Screaming Shot — if target is within earshot.
- Strike as One (elite)
- Animate Shambling Horror — the jagged horror created after the minion dies causes bleeding with its attacks.
- Barbed Signet
- Blood Drinker — on yourself if health is above 50%.
- Cultist's Fervor (elite) — on yourself each time you cast a Necromancer spell.
- Jagged Bones (elite) — the minion created causes bleeding with its attacks.
- Rip Enchantment — if an enchantment is removed from target.
- Signet of Agony — on yourself.
- Signet of Suffering (elite) — on yourself and on the foe targeted by your next Necromancer skill.
- Ulcerous Lungs — if target uses a shout or chant.
- Stone Daggers — if you are affected by Overcast.
- Jagged Strike
- Sharpen Daggers — while wielding daggers.
- Twisting Fangs
- Barbed Spear
- Aura of Thorns
- Aura Slicer
- Wounding Strike (elite)
- Black Powder Mine (PvE-only)
- Ear Bite (PvE-only)
- Deft Strike (PvE-only) — if target has Cracked Armor.
- Ebon Vanguard Sniper Support (PvE-only)
- Raven Talons (PvE-only — while using Raven Blessing (elite))
 Skills that benefit from bleeding
 Skills with bleeding-dependent effects
- Bleeding is a condition that causes 3 pips of health degeneration on a character. The visual indication of bleeding is a ring of dark red mist around a character's waist. The health bar for the affected character also turns pale pink.
- If the affected character is also suffering from either disease or poison, or from a health degeneration hex, his health bar will be either green or purple, respectively, rather than pink.
- Like poison and disease, bleeding only affects fleshy creatures.
- Barbed weapon upgrades lengthen the duration of bleeding by 33%.
- A Rune of Restoration or the inscription "Fear Cuts Deeper" can be used to reduce the duration of bleeding by 20%.
- Bleeding is often caused by attacks. It can be used as a pressure and/or cover condition. There are a few skills that require it on a target for additional effects.
- Bleeding in itself isn't usually a big problem, but can play an important role in condition pressure-builds. You should also keep an eye out for it when facing builds that use skills that need a condition as a prerequisite, as it is relatively easy to inflict and often lasts for a rather long time.
 See also
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has an article on Bleeding.|
|Bleeding • Blind • Burning • Cracked Armor • Crippled • Dazed • Deep Wound • Disease • Poison • Weakness|