From Guild Wars Wiki
|Type||Common crafting material|
Chitin Fragment is a common crafting material used in armor and weapon crafting.
- Purchased from material traders.
- Salvaged from:
- Armor crafted with Chitin Fragments (see below).
- See Category:Contains chitin for other items.
- For known creatures that drop Chitin Fragments see Category:Drops chitin.
- Warrior Elite Luxon armor
- Warrior Luxon armor
- Warrior Monument armor
- Ranger Elite Luxon armor
- Ranger Luxon armor
- Ranger Sunspear armor
- Necromancer Elite Necrotic armor
- Necromancer Necrotic armor
- Necromancer Krytan armor
- Necromancer Primeval armor
- Elementalist Elite Iceforged armor
- Elementalist Iceforged armor
- Assassin Elite Exotic armor
- Assassin Exotic armor
- Chitin Fragments were called Shells prior to the Thursday March 9th 2006 update.
- The skins of most insects consist of chitin, a hard organic carbohydrate material, similar in texture to horn (keratin) and in structure to cellulose.
|Common crafting materials|
|Bolt of Cloth Bone Chitin Fragment Feather Granite Slab Iron Ingot Pile of Glittering Dust Plant Fiber Scale Tanned Hide Square Wood Plank|
|Rare crafting materials|