Cleansing Shenzun Tunnels
|Cleansing Shenzun Tunnels|
|Section||Kaineng City Quests|
|Storyline||Beyond: Winds of Change|
|Given by|| Initiate Zei Ri |
in Kaineng Center
|Preceded by||Cleansing Shadow's Passage|
|Followed by||Cleansing the Undercity|
From Maatu Keep
 Quest information
 Environmental changes
- Completing this quest changes the foes that appear in Shenzun Tunnels, specifically, Afflicted will no longer spawn.
Leave from either Maatu Keep or Sunjiang District (outpost) and follow the starburst towards the center of the map (north from Maatu, west from Sunjiang). From both outposts you may encounter at least one Am Fah boss - either Rai Zhon the Manipulator (from Maatu) or Xi Lin of the Flames (from Sunjiang). East of the starburst is a closer resurrection shrine, near where Lou, of the Knives is. At the starburst you will meet 5 Initiates and dialogue will begin. After the first bit of dialogue, groups of Afflicted will head towards where the starbust now is - within the middle of sewage water, just north of the initiates. From here you can take multiple actions:
- Head west to where the first group will come from and kill the groups from this area first. From here, they will come one right after the other from two directions and it is easy to avoid half of the mobs. After killing the waves that come from the west, you can head back to the center and pull those that remain away.
- You can retreat to the way you came from and deal with fewer groups and more pulling up a closer ramp, allowing better ranged damage.
- Stay in the middle and brace yourself. Doing this will most likely end in a wipe, but you won't fail the quest and can simply return to the spot to finish what remains.
After killing the waves, the party leader character will state that there's one more group left - this group will pop up in the center of the sewage water. Killing them will complete the quest.
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Warrior
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ranger
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Monk
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Necromancer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Mesmer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Elementalist
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Assassin
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ritualist
 Initial dialogue
- Initiate Zei Ri
- "Welcome back, my friend. If you have the strength to lend, I could use your assistance again. Although I confess, when you hear the task at hand, you might be reluctant to join me. Ministry scouts report concentrated numbers of Afflicted within the Shenzun Tunnels. This is going to be a massive battle, and just you and I will not be enought to handle it. We're going to need more support from the Ministry. They will send as much aid as they can spare, but most of their soldiers are currently engaged at Bejunkan Pier. The Afflicted came in overwhelming numbers and are cutting off incoming trade. We'll have to make do with whatever support we receive. However, if we are able to deal with the Afflicted there, we'll have dealt a serious blow to their numbers. I understand that traipsing around Canthan sewers is not the most appealing of tasks, but what do you say?
- "Challenges like this were meant to be overcome. And I'm sure the Ministry of Purity will pay enough that you could visit a bathhouse, afterward."
 Intermediate dialogue
When the initiates join the party:
- Initiate Zei Ri: "The Afflicted know we are here... Look sharp! There's no telling where they'll come from."
After killing some groups:
- Initiate Zei Ri: "There's more coming! We can't let up now!"
- Initiate Zei Ri: "We can win this fight! Remember what's on the line."
- Initiate Zei Ri: "The tides turn in our favor! We must not lose our momentum now!"
- Initiate Zei Ri: "This looks like it is going to be the last of them. Brace yourself! They're going to hit us with everything they've got!"
When initiates die
- Initiate Zei Ri: "No more! You will claim no more innocent lives!"
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Cursed Afflicted, is there no end to the suffering you cause?"
- Initiate Zei Ri: "How many lives must the Afflicted claim before they are at last satisfied?"
- Initiate Zei Ri: "The Afflicted thin our ranks. We must hold fast!"
At the last wave:
- <Party leader>: "This looks like it's going to be the last of them. Brace yourself! They're going to hit us with everything they've got!"
When all the Afflicted are defeated:
- Initiate Zei Ri: "All that is left is silence. We've done well; this was an important victory. Now let us return to rest and recover."
 Reward dialogue
- Initiate Zei Ri
- "I'm certainly glad that nightmare is over. I have no forgiveness for the monsters they have become, and I think I've about had my fill of sewers. I just need to remind myself that life is greater than our momentary desires and discomforts. It might not seem like it now, but someday this victory will be a mere footnote to our great deeds.
- "Here, take this. It's from the Ministry. Maybe you should use the money to get yourself cleaned up."
- Killing the last group of Afflicted will complete the quest even if foes from previous groups remain.
- Among your allies, only Zei Ri self-resurrects (the other remain dead once they lose all their health once).