- This article is about a mission. This name is also used for an outpost, an explorable area during the War in Kryta, and a Zaishen mission.
|Preceded by||Report to the White Mantle|
|Followed by||Divinity Coast|
 Mission information
Lend aid to the White Mantle in their fight against the undead.
- Hurry to the Temple of Tolerance.
- Discuss the undead menace with Confessor Dorian.
- ADDED: Clear out the undead from the village of Hakewood.
- ADDED: Protect Confessor Dorian from the undead.
- ADDED: Head to the southwest. Locate Dinas and the Scepter of Orr.
- *BONUS* Deliver the village's offering intact to the statue of Melandru.
Eliminate the undead in the nearby village where Benji Makala lives (point 1 on the map). This NPC is the only one you need to protect if you wish to complete the bonus, run towards him once he is added to the party window to save him from the undead boss he will be fighting. Rescuing the other villagers isn't needed for either mission or bonus but a morale boost is gained for each saved villager. All of the undead in the village must be killed to continue.
Speak to the Gate Guard, and then travel through the swamp to the Temple of Tolerance (point A), where Confessor Dorian will be attacked by swarms of undead. As you approach, he is added to your party and the battle will begin. There is a Shrine of Mending that provides +3 health regeneration while in its area of effect. After many waves of skeletons and ghouls, a quest marker appears above Confessor Dorian and he informs you that White Mantle member Dinas has found the Scepter of Orr and that you must retrieve it from him. After talking to Dorian, more foes will spawn and he may still die if left alone, causing mission failure. Kill these undead before continuing to Dinas' location.
Follow the ettin infested path to Dinas (who might be fighting a boss) and talk to him to end the mission.
Benji in the settlement gives you the bonus task to take the bundle Offering to Melandru (point 3) and carry it to the offering stand (point 4). While the drop-off point is very close to the pick-up point you cannot cross the broken bridge, the only way there is via the temple.
Upon arrival at the settlement, quickly save Benji from a boss that spawns near him. Once the boss is killed, the bonus is available and he will go to the Shrine of Mending at the center of the village and fight any group in his way. You must protect him untill you get the task. Beware of over aggroing, especially against Zombie Warlocks and their minions; follow Benji's path exactly. After clearing the village his brother Gate Guard Makala (point 2) will now let you through the gate at the north side of the village leading to the Offering of Melandru.
The bonus path (yellow) is a swamp populated by undead which runs parallel to the main path of the mission (red). A door operated by a lever (on the bonus side) connects the bonus path to the main bonus path. Pick up the offering, open the door, and go to the temple. Upon arrival at the Temple, proceed with the mission objectives until the Temple is safe. While Additional undead appear on the path after you are told to talk to Dinas, the 2nd half of the bonus path has only pairs of Etins and Oakhearts.
- The offering will break if dropped requiring you to return and retrieve another one. Since you have to fight it is ill advised to have a martial profession carry the bundle.
- Note: Benji will give you the bonus even if you have not yet cleared the village of undead, but his brother will not let you pass through the gate until the village is cleared.
- Picking the offering or using the lever triggers the temple siege sequence, you need to rush to kill the first group on your path, and some of the party must rush to the temple to save Confessor Dorian. A party wide speed boost helps a lot here.
- You can ignore the offering and go back and get it after the siege.
 Hard mode
Many foes will gather around Dorian before you have time to reach him. It is recommended to proceed directly to the temple and protect him first (ignoring the Grasping Ghouls with the aid of spirits or minions as a distraction). The enemies will not attack Dorian if you don't pick up the Offering for the bonus, but you can go back and get it later.
 Skill recommendations
- In NM: A minion master is very useful as foes running towards Dorian will form a pool of corpses and the health regeneration bonus provided by the Shrine of Mending will help keep the minions up longer.
- In HM: Wells like Well of Power to create a second safe zone so that neither Dorian or the player's party take the blunt amount of damage, which would happen if all stand on one single place.
- Skills that deal holy damage as it is doubled versus the undead e.g. Judge's Insight and Heart of Holy Flame.
- Condition removal skills to counter blind from Skeleton Sorcerer´s Blinding Flash against your martial party members.
- 10 (20) Benji Makala
- 15 (20) Gate Guard
- 15 (20) Gate Guard Makala
- 15 (20) White Mantle Guard
- 12 (20) Justiciar Isaiah
- 20 (20) Confessor Dorian
- 20 (20) Dinas
- 10 (20) Villagers (several)
 Charmable animals
- 5 (5) Lynx
- 15 (25) Gypsie Ettin
- 14 (24) Mergoyles
- 17 (25) Ancient Oakheart
- 11 (24) Bog Skale
- 17 (28) Droog Stoneclub
- 17 (28) Tree of Renewal
- 16 (28) Abijah the Decayed
- 16 (28) Kemal the Deadened
- 16 (28) Ziyad Soulreaper
- 16 (28) Gezna Shadowstalker
 Initial dialogue
- Justiciar Isaiah: "The undead army marches toward the Temple of Tolerance."
- Justiciar Isaiah: "They've already overrun the valley, and they're moving on the village of Hakewood."
- Justiciar Isaiah: "Come on."
 Intermediate dialogue
When reaching the first bridge:
- Justiciar Isaiah: "It's worse than I thought. The undead have taken the whole valley."
- Justiciar Isaiah: "There are more of them than I thought."
- Justiciar Isaiah: "You must hurry. The Temple of Tolerance may already be under attack."
- Justiciar Isaiah: "We need more help. I'm going back to muster more Mantle Knights. You go on to warn the confessor."
When coming into range of a Villager:
- Villager: "Please help!"
When coming into range of Benji Makala:
- Benji Makala: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
After saving Benji Makala:
- Benji Makala: "You would make a good White Mantle guard. Just like my brother."
When speaking to Benji Makala:
- Benji Makala: "You saved my life. Thank you!"
- Benji Makala: "Most of the White Mantle don't understand the old traditions. But you seem different. There is a small offering out behind Hakewood in our ruined farm house. Just follow the path out the back get to get there."
- Benji Makala: "Could you take it to our local statue of Melandru? Be careful not to drop it!"
When speaking to the Gate Guard after the assault on Hakewood:
- Gate Guard: "I'll let you through, but leave at your own risk. I'll not let any more of those boneheads get to my home."
When speaking to Gate Guard Makala after saving Benji Makala:
- Gate Guard Makala: "I'm not supposed to let anyone through this gate, but you saved my brother's life."
- Gate Guard Makala: "The village of Hakewood is in your debt, and so am I."
When coming into range of Confessor Dorian:
- Confessor Dorian: "As long as I draw breath, the Temple of Tolerance shall not fall."
Randomly during the assault on the Temple of Tolerance:
- Confessor Dorian: "As long as I draw breath, the Temple of Tolerance shall not fall."
- Confessor Dorian: "I never thought I would see this holy place desecrated by such foul creatures."
- Confessor Dorian: "They come at us from all sides!"
- Confessor Dorian: "They will press us until we have killed them all."
- Confessor Dorian: "When they come, we form a circle around the Shrine of Mending, backs to each other."
When speaking to Confessor Dorian after the assault on the Temple of Tolerance.
- Confessor Dorian: "Yes, yes I am already aware of the undead army. When the fort fell under attack, I sent my scribe, Dinas, away with a package."
- Confessor Dorian: "He carries the Scepter of Orr with orders to keep it out of the hands of the undead."
- Confessor Dorian: "I would be indebted if you would locate Dinas and return him to safety."
When coming into range of Dinas.
- Dinas: "HELP!"
When speaking to Dinas.
- Dinas: "Thank the gods you found found[sic] me."
 End cinematic
- Dinas: "I know who you are. You're the heroes everyone is talking about!"
- <Party leader>: "That's right, and we're here to escort you back to the Temple of Tolerance."
- Dinas: "We can't go back to the temple. It's swarming with undead."
- <Party leader>: "That's already been taken care of. The temple is safe again."
- Dinas: "Oh, thank the heavens. Confessor Dorian will be very pleased to have the scepter back. Very pleased indeed."
- <Party leader>: "Then let's not keep him waiting."
- Confessor Dorian: "Step forward."
- Confessor Dorian: "You have taken great risk today. Placing yourself bravely in harm's way."
- Confessor Dorian: "In the face of overwhelming odds, you and your comrades chose the hero's path. And for that, I am in your debt."
- Confessor Dorian: "For your service to the White Mantle, it is my great pleasure to induct you into our organization and bestow upon you the title of Knight of the Mantle."
- Confessor Dorian: "Arise, Knight of the Mantle, and join your brothers-in-arms."
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.47% to the Tyrian Cartographer title. (This area can be explored without interference by foes after completing the War in Kryta and speaking to Jiaju Tai in Lion's Arch. This only works if you have no Wanted quests in your quest log.)
- In rare cases, a Lynx can spawn on the broken bridge.
- You don't have to stay and protect Dorian to advance the mission. Instead, you can go to the boss near Dinas (either Tree of Renewal or Droog Stoneclub depending on spawn locations) and kill it. This will update the quest log and you will get the message "ADDED: Head to the southwest. Locate Dinas and the Scepter of Orr."
- After completing this mission, your party will be taken to Divinity Coast.
- Before the White Mantle were established, this area was called Eastbury Reserve.
- Beside Confessor Dorian are three Jade pillars, as seen in the Iron Mines of Moladune. These could be dormant Jade Armors.
|The Great Northern Wall » Fort Ranik » Ruins of Surmia » Nolani Academy » Borlis Pass » The Frost Gate » Gates of Kryta » D'Alessio Seaboard » Divinity Coast » The Wilds » Bloodstone Fen » Aurora Glade » Riverside Province » Sanctum Cay » Dunes of Despair and Thirsty River and Elona Reach » Augury Rock » The Dragon's Lair » Ice Caves of Sorrow » Iron Mines of Moladune » Thunderhead Keep » Ring of Fire » Abaddon's Mouth » Hell's Precipice|