- This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Exit(s)|| Ascalon Foothills|
Flame Temple Corridor
The Diessa Lowlands, like the rest of Ascalon, is a scorched and barren piece of land. It is also dotted with the ruins of Ascalonian cities that have fallen to the charr invasion. It is now an inhospitable region patrolled by Charr and home to gargoyles, elementals, and devourers.
 Getting there
- North, at the exit into Grendich Courthouse.
- Northeast, near the exit into the Flame Temple Corridor, on an island in the tar.
- Southeast, at the exit into the Breach.
- Southwest, at the exit into Nolani Academy.
- Northwest, at the exit into Ascalon Foothills.
- 1 (20) Gil Moriddan (collector for 4 Leathery Claws)
- 2 (20) Lenerd Aberold (collector for 3 Singed Gargoyle Skulls)
- 10 (20) Martel Bastions (collector for 3 Scorched Lodestones)
- 10 (20) Wain Hughes (collector for 3 Charr Carvings)
 Charmable animals
- 3 (3) Moa Bird
- 8 (23) Charr Axe Fiend
- 6 (23) Charr Axe Warrior
- 8 (23) Charr Blade Storm
- 6 (23) Charr Blade Warrior
- 8 (23) Charr Hunter
- 6 (23) Charr Stalker
- 5 (23) Charr Martyr
- 7 (23) Charr Shaman
- 6 (23) Charr Ash Walker
- 8 (23) Charr Ashen Claw
- 8 (23) Charr Chaot
- 6 (23) Charr Mind Spark
- 6 (23) Charr Fire Caller
- 8 (23) Charr Flame Wielder
- 10 (24) Hydra
- 10 (24) Singed Oak
- 7 (23) Storm Rider
- 9 (27) Lumps Ruinator
- 9 (27) Maim Deathrain
- 9 (27) Cruc the Reborn
- 9 (27) Smuuz the Unfeeling
- 9 (27) Phang the Deceiver
- 9 (27) Smoke Kindlefist
- 11 (27) Pulv Rubblegrinder
- 11 (27) Drub Slingstone
- 11 (27) Clob Stonearch
- 11 (27) Slog Bloodsplatter
- 11 (27) Igmon Quivcaver
- 11 (27) Mallet Runecolumn
- The following quests affect the spawns in this area:
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 2.1% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- The Diessa Chalice is likely a relic of this area, plundered by the Charr as their invasion pushed the borders of Ascalon.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests requires defeating around 350 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 271 to 393.
- Consider starting from Yak's Bend in order to have a party of six to make vanquishing easier. Consider continuing into Flame Temple Corridor and Dragon's Gullet as well.
- With patience, it is possible to bring a party of eight from Temple of the Ages.
- There are many hidden groups of devourers on the eastern half of the map, with a large number of them closely-packed in the tar-filled northeastern end. As such, it is recommended to clear the rest of the map before venturing to the northeastern corner.
- If arriving from Ascalon Foothills, take note that sometimes a group of hydra (4 or 5) will spawn at that exit a few minutes after the map has loaded. If this happens and they were not intercepted, they will run all way to the Flame Temple Corridor exit, passing by in front of Grendich Courthouse. Upon arrival, they have been reported to either patrol (possibly as 2 groups) to and from the exits, or linger at the Flame Temple Corridor exit.
- The Charr Hunters can be devastating, but you can often use the terrain to your advantage. Have one character pull the enemies while the rest of the party is around a corner; this effectively separates the melee fighters from the rangers and can make the larger Charr groups much more manageable.
|Explorable areas in Ascalon|
|Ascalon Foothills • Diessa Lowlands • Dragon's Gullet • Eastern Frontier • Flame Temple Corridor • Old Ascalon • Pockmark Flats • Regent Valley • The Breach|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Arenas • Landmarks|