Discordway is a team build that features three or more necromancer heroes using Discord to deal heavy armor-ignoring damage to a single target. The team is popular for vanquishing and rapid completion of Hard mode missions.
Heroes use Discord effectively, since they will prioritize its use on suitable targets, unless performing other tasks. Since the skill recharges quickly, heroes are frequently able to use it simultaneously, resulting in a major spike to the target and often death. This ability to destroy targets quickly also powers up each hero's Soul Reaping, providing excellent energy management. Further, since the elite skill's prerequisites are easily met with a few skills, the team has plenty of room for support and utility skills, e.g. a combination of minion masters, healing from Restoration Magic or Healing Prayers, and/or support from Curses, Death Magic, or Protection Prayers.
- Excellent for hard/fast strikes against numerous weaker foes.
- Does not require micromanagement, as long as the player calls targets effectively.
- Good energy management.
- Leaves room for utility skills.
- Diminished effectiveness during prolonged fights of attrition or against better-designed mobs, especially in Winds of Change.
- Less useful in areas with heavy hex and condition removal.
- Both energy management and minion armies depend on killing foes quickly, which makes the team helpless in areas with fewer or more durable foes.
- Can be slow to cover a map, due to long activation times of minion-generating skills.
- Can be easily countered by Complicate and Signet of Humility, which prevent the heroes from spamming Discord.
 Team Build
The player can use any build that allows frequent application of hexes and conditions. Assassin's Promise and a combination of PvE-based skills are ideal for this, since the heroes will spike a foe to death quickly, which triggers AP's full reset of skills. For example:
|Deadly Arts: 12|
 Typical Hero builds
The classic Discordway combination includes a / healer, a / protector, and a / curser. The first two keep the team alive, while the third helps the player apply conditions and hexes. There are many viable variations. The optional skills below should produce minions and provide a hard resurrection.
- Minion skills: Animate Shambling Horror for conditions, Animate Bone Minions for quick meat shields, or Animate Bone Fiend for ranged attacks.
- Resurrection: Flesh of My Flesh (safer) or Death Pact Signet (quicker)
- Some players replace the resurrection skill with Masochism for increased effectiveness of minions and Discord.
| Death Magic: 10+1+1 |
Soul Reaping: 8+1
Restoration Magic: 12
| Death Magic: 12+1+3 |
Soul Reaping: 8+1
Protection Prayers: 10
| Death Magic: 11+1+1 |
Soul Reaping: 7+1
 See also
- Sabway, another team build using three necromancer heroes.
- The build is named after its primary elite, after the IWAY naming convention.
- Although the build is designed for use in PvE, some spike teams have made use of similar builds in PvP.
|Team roles and builds|
|Damage||Pressure • Spiker • Nuker||Beast master • Bomber • Dagger spammer • Touch ranger • Trapper|
|Support||Healer • Protection||Battery • Bonder • Imbagon • Infuser • Orders|
|Control||Lineback • Shutdown • Tank||Cripshot • Hexway • Minion master • Spirit spammer|
|Utility||Caller • Toolbox|