- This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Exit(s)|| Aurora Glade|
This area takes its name from the dry uneven terrain, the "humps", that encompass this part of the Maguuma Jungle. Ventari's Refuge lies within its western half. This is a hostile area with marauding centaurs and hidden dangers.
 Quests available
- Councilor Vaylor
- Deep Root
 Getting there
The primary quest White Mantle Wrath: Demagogue's Vanguard will lead you through here.
 Other allies
- 15 (20) Deep Root
- 15 (20) Shining Blade Necromancers
- 15 (20) Shining Blade Mesmers
- 15 (20) Councilor Vaylor
- 15 (20) Shining Blade Elementalists
- 15 (20) Snakebite
 Charmable animals
- 5 Warthog
- 16 (25) Maguuma Spider
- 12, 16 (24, 25) Moss Scarab
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.6% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 195 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 170 to 220.
- Maguuma Protectors are very easy to kill, but they cast Watchful Spirit on themselves. It may be easier to kill them if you don't remove this enchantment.
- There are a lot of popups in this area. Hidden devourers riddle the area to a point where large swathes of the southern central half are empty except for hidden foes. The small green area in the east also hides Moss Scarabs amongst the few Thorn Stalker Sprouts. Consider heading east last.
- A few groups of Thorn Stalkers patrol a long route in the center and may be missed. Backtrack in the opposite direction to find them. There are also groups of Maguuma centaurs patrolling large areas to the northwest which can be missed easily.
- North of Ventari's Refuge are a few groups of centaurs that travel fast, and may be missed.
- AoE opportunities are very limited on this vanquish. For this reason, Elementalists should consider elites like Invoke Lightning, and Mesmers should avoid elites like Panic or Keystone signet.
- There is no reason to bring hex removal. A boss with life siphon is the sole hex on this vanquish.
|Explorable areas in the Maguuma Jungle|
|Dry Top • Ettin's Back • Golem Tutorial Simulation • Mamnoon Lagoon • Reed Bog • Sage Lands • Secret Underground Lair • Silverwood • Tangle Root • The Falls|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|