Ever Closer to the Edge
|Ever Closer to the Edge|
|Section||The Jade Sea Quests|
|Storyline||Beyond: Winds of Change|
|Given by|| Guardsman Qao Lin |
in Kaineng Center
|Preceded by||Trading Blows|
|Followed by||Violence in the Streets|
(Click to enlarge)
 Quest information
- 2,500 Experience
- 1,000 Gold
- 1,000 Luxon Faction
- Imperial Guard Requisition Order
- Imperial Commendation
Start from Leviathan Pits, follow the quest markers through Gyala Hatchery, and protect the Luxon Diplomats. They are high level healers, but you will get attacked by enemies that spawn from three different directions, be sure not to leave them unprotected against attacks from behind.
The best place to defend is behind the diplomats, just under the bridge that leads up to the ship, and between the two rocks there. There your party is protected from ranged attacks and projectile spells at nearly all sides . This greatly reduces the damage that your party takes. Your healer is also within range to heal the diplomats as needed.
You can use the technique of flagging a minion master hero near the Diplomats to have the NPCs follow away from the initial location to heal minions, meaning that you can fight in one direction rather than three.
Humans (Am Fah)
- 24 (26) Am Fah Warrior
- 24 (26) Am Fah Ranger
- 24 (26) Am Fah Monk
- 24 (26) Am Fah Necromancer
- 24 (26) Am Fah Mesmer
- 24 (26) Am Fah Elementalist
- 24 (26) Am Fah Assassin
- 24 (26) Am Fah Ritualist
Humans (Ministry of Purity)
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Enforcer
- 24 (26) Ministry Enforcer
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Ranger
- 24 (26) Ministry Ranger
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Cleric
- 24 (26) Ministry Cleric
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Purger
- 24 (26) Ministry Purger
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Illusionist
- 24 (26) Ministry Illusionist
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Mage
- 24 (26) Ministry Mage
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Bladesman
- 24 (26) Ministry Bladesman
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Medium
- 24 (26) Ministry Medium
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Captain
- 24 (26) Ministry Captain
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Zealot
- 24 (26) Ministry Zealot
Human (Am Fah)
Humans (Ministry of Purity)
 Initial dialogue
- Guardsman Qao Lin
- "First the Jade Brotherhood, and now the Am Fah! It seems a group of them has headed into the Luxon lands. Gyala Hatchery, to be precise. The Ministry of Purity is in pursuit of them. Given what you discovered last time, I don't doubt that this is of importance as well, and it's something that I ask you to put a stop to."
- "I can't quite put my finger on it, but I've got a very bad feeling that there's something more to all of this."
 Intermediate dialogue
Upon approaching Ajun Xi, Deft Blade:
- Ajun Xi, Deft Blade: "...we've got so much in common. You're pirates, we're thieves. You've got giant crabs, and we've got... No, more importantly, we've got a shared enemy."
- Ajun Xi, Deft Blade: "The Ministry of Purity sees fit to pass judgment on those they feel fall outside of what a Canthan should be. You know as well as I do how they see you."
- Luxon Diplomat: "So what if they do? There are many in Cantha that shun us, and our way of life. We've lived proudly thus far. Why should that change?"
- Ajun Xi, Deft Blade: "Because they won't just ignore you the way that the Emperor does. They will either see you assimilated, or destroyed. Neither of those sounds very appealing to free spirits like ourselves, now does it?"
- Initiate Jeng Sunjoo: "I think you've said quite enough. It is easier for a criminal to blame justice than to face their own deficiencies. Your words only incriminate yourselves to all that would listen. You even stand in the company of one known to be a traitor."
- Ajun Xi, Deft Blade: "And as promised, they have arrived. Ask yourselves this! How long do you truly believe that you can avoid them? This moment is only the beginning!"
- Luxon Diplomat: "We shall not be used as pawns by either of you. The Luxon Armada has no interest in your war!"
- Ajun Xi, Deft Blade: "We'll see how your elders feel about our war once they realize it has arrived on their doorstep! Your heads, courtesy of the Ministry of Purity, should do the trick."
- Initiate Jeng Sunjoo: "Enough! Deal with them! We shall show them what happens to criminals and those who conspire with them!"
- Luxon Diplomat: "There's too many of them! We must hold out!"
Once all enemies have been slain:
- Luxon Diplomat: "We owe you our thanks for what you've done here. But this has been a troubling encounter for us."
- Luxon Diplomat: "The Luxons do not wish to be engaged in matters of the empire... but I wonder how much longer those days can truly last."
 Reward dialogue
- Guardsman Qao Lin
- "First the Jade Brotherhood tries to draw the Kurzicks into the conflict. Then the Am Fah try to draw in the Luxons. What's their angle in all of this? These are unusual movements...even for those two groups. This isn't sitting very well with me, friend."