Take care, everyone!
Since I’ve worked closely with many of you on this site, I wanted to let you know that my last day at ArenaNet will be this Friday, November 19. Starting next week, I’ll be heading over to join my friends at Undead Labs, working on their unnamed zombie game.
For folks that know me, it’s no secret how much I love horror stuff. The first movie I ever remember seeing was Night of the Living Dead (when I was four), and I’ve been obsessed with horror ever since. I love Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 with a passion, but in this case, having the privilege to work on a zombie title is fulfilling a lifelong dream of mine.
I’ve truly loved my time here on the ArenaNet team. It’s been almost five years for me, and it’s been an honor to work alongside of so many awesome people – both in the studio and across the community. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Guild Wars 2 will be incredible, and that you guys will continue to make the Guild Wars 2 Wiki the definitive wiki resource for the game.
-- Emily Diehl (talk) 23:17, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
- I can't really believe this is really happening.. :/ I don't really know how both wikis are supposed to continue with you not being around to support us...
- It is at least good to see that you are leaving in favor of Undead Labs, of which I expect a really great game coming, given that many great people from ArenaNet are now over there. However exactly that frightens me a bit about the future of Guild Wars 2; I hope the rather sudden parting from core persons in Guild Wars' development won't affect Guild Wars 2 being a good successor of Guild Wars.
- Anyway, I wish you all the best for your future, and hope that you won't disappear completely from this community. And if Undead Labs ever decides to make a wiki.. you know :P poke | talk 23:43, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
- Emily, I can safely say the entire active wiki community thought you were by miles the best Anet person on this wiki (and still a pretty cool user by yourself). To be honest, I'm a little worried about the wikis now that you're going, but it's evident you're moving onto something you really care about, so best of luck. (Don't think you're getting away so easily though, you still have to visit now and then...) -- pling 23:47, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
- gl hf dd elix Omni 23:48, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
- noooo my emilys i need her for gw2 community managing noooo <3 <3 Question: what are you doing over at undead? ( mean are you going to be doing more community managing or web stuff or wut?)- Zesbeer 23:53, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
- While I'm sad to see you go for a multitude of reasons, including your work both here and for GW2, I'm happy to hear that you're moving onto something for which you have a great passion. It's always good to know that people are following their hearts, dreams, and passions, and for that, I commend you. Good luck, and don't forget that you're always welcome here and at GW2W to help us as an editor! :D --★KOKUOU★ 23:59, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
- (Edit conflict) Won't do you any good to run, you know! It's been nice having you around, Emily; take care. Eventually I'll finish up my novella of Shards of Orr and submit it to the Halloween contest, so check back if you like horror and that kind of thing, I'm sure it'll get done... eventually... probably around next Halloween. ♥ –Jette 23:59, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
- While I'm an avid fan of horror myself, and I do applaud Undead Labs for aiming to make a console MMO, I think the undead theme is a bit too long standing - especially in the realm of zombie apocalypse. That said: Undead Labs, stop stealing our developers! >.< -- Konig/talk 00:57, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- People bail from a sinking ship, it's human nature. -Auron 01:04, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- All of a sudden, everyone's lifelong passion and dreams revolves around zombies... Idmz 01:13, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- @Auron: I don't see that sinking ship that you apparently do. @Idms: Apparently... Weird. I wonder what the next fad will be. -- Konig/talk 01:38, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Sad to see you go Emily. You did so much for ArenaNet, this wiki, and so much more. I wish you the best at Undead labs! :). --Dominator Matrix 03:27, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Echoing both Poke and Plingaling's comments. We'll miss you Emily. - Tanetris 03:59, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Echoing all. Take it easy out there. -- Wandering Traveler 04:05, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Sad to see you go, Emily. Your community relations were one of the best things about ANet. I'm sure you'll do great on all your future projects :) --Santax (talk · contribs) 08:52, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Take care Emily =) -- Cyan 09:34, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- I think all this new zombie stuff is just a fad. Once The Walking Dead is done, it will go down like that Vampire fad we just had. Well, good luck with anything you do anyways. MithTalk 14:12, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for your devotion, Emily. Take care. -- Arduin 20:12, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
(Reset indent) Wow! Thanks for all of the love, everyone. You guys are awesome! Here are a few notes about common things I'm seeing pop up:
- The wikis have been left in the more than capable hands of our Extended Experience team, so they'll be taking steps to do even more to support the community. You know how much I personally love these sites, so making sure that they transition smoothly was really important to me. They're good people, so I trust they'll do some cool stuff for you guys.
- I'll be taking a Producer role over at the Lab, with a focus on anything external (web, marketing, community, etc). You'll see me doing community and convention stuff, and other things, too.
- I'm sure I'll still be around the wikis here, but as a regular user. I will be playing GW2 (and I'm not quitting GW), so I'll contribute when I see stuff that needs to be added or updated.
- There's really no "sinking ship" going on over here. Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 are in many extremely capable and passionate hands, and both games will continue to grow and develop long after I'm gone. To be honest, I haven't been directly involved in actual development in quite some time - my focus for the past few years has been web, marketing, community, and other behind-the-scenes projects. I know that people generally view departures as abrupt and alarming, but mine is definitely not. I'm looking as forward to playing GW2 as you guys are, and I have absolutely no doubt that this team will deliver an incredible game.
Seriously, thanks again for all of well-wishes. I'm sure I'll still see a lot of you around. The game community is smaller than it seems sometimes :) -- Emily Diehl (talk) 20:47, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- i am sad to see you go but with so many people from guildwars1 working on this zombie game its one that i will have to take a look when it gets closer to release. - Zesbeer 00:49, 18 November 2010 (UTC)
 Take care, Emily
Emily: you have been an amazing resource for GW and this wiki. Thank you for all your work. Good lucking bring the undead to life. — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 02:07, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- A translation for all you zombie folks out there: Brrraains. Br-BRAINS! Brains... Brrrraaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnsssssss. Life. -- Konig/talk 02:34, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- What? No translation for the Plants? — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 02:42, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- I don't speak sylvarian. -- Konig/talk 03:14, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Hahaha, nice! I see you speak fluent zombie! ;) Thanks, guys! -- Emily Diehl (talk) 20:48, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- I'm surprised no one asked why I left "Life" up there. Would of expected at least one person to question that. -- Konig/talk 23:45, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Emily, keep in mind the old adage: "Bloodsuckers suck blood--Braindrain is forever! Undouble 17:33, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
I will miss you. :'( Good luck at the new job, though. *hugs* Bye... --Unending fear 02:40, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Aww...thanks so much, Unending Fear! *hugs* -- Emily Diehl (talk) 20:48, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
 Goodbye & Hello ;)
It is wonderfull news for UndeadLabs & Jeff. This MMOZ will be watched even more now & suits you indeed. No need to tell you how much we all will miss you. Like your collegue's you worked wonders for the community. All we can wish for you is to be happy & ty for all your work. --Silverleaf Don't assume, Know! 12:09, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks so much, Silverleaf! It's really been an honor to work so closely with you guys here. I'm looking forward to seeing how things continue to grow :) -- Emily Diehl (talk) 20:51, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
Bye o: good luck with the zombies ;) --Dinsy 12:27, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks, Dinsy! They don't stand a chance with me :) -- Emily Diehl (talk) 20:52, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
 Bai Emily :(
Enjoy your new job O_o --Neil • 20:49, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks, Neil! :) -- Emily Diehl (talk) 20:53, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
 And what about a party in game for you ? Mmmmh ? ^^"
Thanks a lot for everything you realized here and there, Emily. You really, really did a good job! Take care. -- MornJack 23:12, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- It would be nice to have the double party points buff again. elix Omni 23:32, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Didn't that cause major server stress though? I would enjoy seeing more Farewell to <Anet employee name> festivals, with those animal collectors, if nothing else. -- Konig/talk 23:46, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Server stress, shmerver shmress. elix Omni 00:17, 18 November 2010 (UTC)
- And we've changed servers since then, so it's highly unlikely the servers could take it. Unless you wanted to see how fast we could literally blow up a server. 188.8.131.52 03:11, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
- Im sure me and many others would like to see that.--Neil • 17:17, 30 November 2010 (UTC)