For Your Ears Only
|For Your Ears Only|
|Given by|| Commander Tanmod |
in Dzagonur Bastion
|Preceded by||Old Friends|
(Click to enlarge)
 Quest information
- Find Sergeant Bokkun in Sebelkeh Basilica. He'll know where the heket are.
- Eavesdrop on the heket warrior's conversations. Glean information about the upcoming heket attacks.
- Gather more details about the arriving shipment.
- See Commander Tanmod for your reward.
Start at Dzagonur Bastion. At point one, you will find Sergeant Bokkun, who will know where the Heket are. He will send Scout Dehra to take you to point two, where you will wait and eavesdrop on two Heket. Do not get into aggro range. Once the two Heket are finished talking, Scout Dehra will lead you to point three, where you will eavesdrop on two more Heket. Once this is finished, go to point four, which is Dzagonur Bastion. You can map there. Collect your quest reward, and you're done.
 Initial dialogue
- "We now know the heket attack is true, but unfortunately, that's all we have to go on. Sergeant Bokkun is willing to help, eh? I suggest you tell him what has transpired. We need to uncover the details of the attack if we are to thwart it. Slip behind enemy lines and see what you can find!"
 Intermediate dialogue
- "Glad I can be of service. There are several clusters of heket stationed nearby. If we slip into their midst undetected, we might be able to collect some useful information. We must be careful, though. The heket can be a nasty bunch, especially when surprised."
- Scout Dehra: "The first camp is just up ahead. You lead they way. I'll be right behind you."
- Blood Cowl Heket: "What was that?"
- Scout Dehra: "Shhh! Keep it down! We don't want to attract the attention of the heket."
- Blood Cowl Heket: "Nevermind. It must have been your stomach grumbling again. Haven't you had enough? I saw you eat two villagers this afternoon!"
- Stoneaxe Heket: "Oh, they were skinny with barely any meat on their bones. What I wouldn't give for a fat, delicious bookkeeper. They sit on their rumps reading all day! Bah! Alright, back to business. When can we expect the shipment?"
- Blood Cowl Heket: "Word is they will arrive around noon. I suspect we'll be joined by a heavily-loaded troop carrying Denravi axes and enough food so our warriors will fight with full bellies!"
- Stoneaxe Heket: "Ah, we are fortunate brother! Without this human warmarshal's help, we would never be able to defeat these hated...and tasty...Vabbians! To her health, and to our victory!"
- Blue Tongue Heket: "I wonder if Varesh is sending along her special advisors...."
- Beast Sworn Heket: "I hope not. They're nasty things, all purple and shiny. Makes my warts crawl just to look at 'em."
- Blue Tongue Heket: "True, and these days there are more of them in the Kournan army than humans, it seems. Good thing they're on our side, eh?"
 Reward dialogue
- "Varesh is running weapons to the heket? I find that hard to believe, but it does make sense considering what's been happening recently! My faith in you has been well-placed, <name>. Your reconnaissance was a success. Now that we know what we're dealing with, I can devise a plan to thwart the heket."
After talking to Sergeant Bokkun, an additional NPC, Scout Dehra, will join your party and follow you, but doesn't appear under the party ally list.
It may be possible to combine this quest with The Search for Survivors, for an enlarged party with extra allies.
The quest title is probably a play on "For Your Eyes Only", the 12th James Bond film.
The Accept and Decline dialogue is a reference to Paul McCartney's songwriting. He composed a song called "Spies Like Us" for the film of the same name which cointains the lyrics: "So what's all the fuss? There ain't nobody that spies like us". The Decline dialogue is a reference to the song "Let It Be".