|Section||Charr Homelands Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by|| Sergeant Weststar |
in Dalada Uplands
|Preceded by||Falling Out|
Route through the Mantid infested forest.
Alternative route to pick up the Siege Devourer.
You'll have to run around Molotov Rocktail on
this route though, but less enemies and faster.
 Quest information
- Locate the cave where the captives are being held in the Dalada Uplands.
- Bushwhack the Charr guarding the prisoners.
- Check on the Flaming Scepter Mages.
- See Sergeant Weststar for your reward.
- 100 Vanguard reputation points
- Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom
 Environmental changes
- After completing this quest, the Flaming Scepter Mages will be replaced with Hodat the Tumbler and a group of Stone Furies.
Obtain the quest from Sergeant Weststar just outside of Doomlore Shrine and follow the object marker southeast. Heading to the south first will provide a Siege Devourer, making the journey faster and easier.
The Flaming Scepter Mages can be found in the cave near the southeast corner of Dalada Uplands. Defeat the group of Charr guarding the entrance to the cave and head in. If the party leader has completed the Nolani Academy mission, the mages will become hostile. Once you have defeated them, they will once again become friendly.
Once their dialogue is completed, the quest will update and you may return to Sergeant Weststar to collect the reward.
 Initial dialogue
- Sergeant Weststar
- "<Player name>. Excellent. I have another task for your attention. With the defeat the Charr have suffered here, some have begun pulling their forces back. Because of this, one of my scouts saw the Charr moving another group of prisoners. They are currently being held in a cave in the Dalada Uplands. I'm certain this is only transitional and if we wait too long, the Charr will move the prisoners to a more defensible gulag. This may be our best chance to save them. Get to it before the prisoners are chow."
 Intermediate dialogue
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "At last! a familiar face amongst this madness."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "We are free again! Thank you! Wait...do I know you?"
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "Isn't this the same person who abandoned us all those years ago on Horn Hill?"
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "Now that you mention it..."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "It is them! We shall have our vengeance! Flaming Scepter mages, ATTACK!"
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "Ow! OW! That battle made my scepter elbow act up!"
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "That was unnecessary. You already abandoned us to the Charr."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "Six years is a long time! A long, foul-smelling time."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "Well, maybe we won't have our vengeance, but we'll have no more of this war."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "We're going to live life doing something boring and peaceful from here on."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "We've already decided to change our name to the Flaming Lute mages."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "We're going to change the world with our songs, and take music in bold new directions. And get all the wenches."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "Just as soon as we learn how to play."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "So while we appreciate your help, we'll not be going with you."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "We'll go our own way just as soon as the prospect of being free stops being frightening."
Alternative Intermediate Dialogue
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "Has it really been six years since we last tasted free air?"
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "Perhaps we should join the war effort and exact horrible fiery revenge upon those who held us captive."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "How I miss my mighty obelisk. And how we used to beat down the Charr with it."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "That's nonsense! Do you remember what happened the last time we did that?"
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "Oh...yes."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "Exactly. We got captured again."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "Well, we could always find a vocation that doesn't involve bloodshed. Or obelisks."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "It's true! The world is ours!"
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "But...it's kind of scary outside. Let's stay here a while longer and think about it."
- Flaming Scepter Mage: "Good plan!"
 Reward dialogue
- Sergeant Weststar
- "One less life in the hands of the Charr is one more life lived. Even if the mages do not come to our aid, Charr fell when we freed them, and a dead Charr for their side is a victory for ours."
- 20 (26) Charr Axemaster
- 20 (26) Charr Blademaster
- 20 (26) Charr Seeker
- 20 (26) Charr Prophet
- 20 (26) Charr Hexreaper
- 20 (26) Charr Dominator
- 20 (26) Charr Flameshielder
- 7 (20) Flaming Scepter Mage
- The dialogue by the Flaming Scepter Mages refers to their use in the Prophecies campaign of standing in obelisks and attacking any nearby foes, usually Charr. They were last seen prior to the final battle of the Nolani Academy mission on Horn Hill, where they were apparently captured by retreating Charr.
- Sergeant Weststar appears just outside Doomlore Shrine to give out the quest. However, when zoning into the area again while Falling Out is active, he will not appear in his initial location. Doing Falling Out to the end will lead you into Sacnoth Valley where Sergeant Weststar will be right outside Rragar's Menagerie to give you the reward for that quest, as well as the quest The Hunting of the Charr. He will not give you the reward for Forgotten Relics. This appears to be some sort of bug, as the quest marker will point back to the Dalada Uplands. He will spawn here again only if at least one member of your party has completed Falling Out and no member of your party has Falling Out active.
- This quest reunites you with the Flaming Scepter Mages.
- If you cannot find Sergeant Weststar, make sure you complete the Falling Out quest.