|Victory condition||Capture Points|
 Map Layout
This map consists of five Capture Points in the shape of an 'A' throughout the map. Two opposing teams begin at the base of the 'A' and move upward to the top most point. Players and the Ghostly Hero will resurrect at the two shrines closest to the spawn points. Like all Capture Points maps in the Global Tournament, the Ghostly Hero counts as four players when capturing a shrine.
If you look closely on the minimap to the right, you can see the capture points. They're the tiny gray dots.
Every 30 seconds you gain one point for each capture point you are holding.
- When time runs out, the team with the most points wins.
- In the case of a tie, whichever team scored the last kill,[sic] wins.
- ∗BONUS∗ Kill an enemy Ghostly Hero to gain a morale boost.
- When a team has scored 20 more points than its opponent, the game ends and that team wins.
The most common strategy on this map is for one player (usually the prot Monk) to take the Ghostly Hero and capture the bottom most shrine on your team's side. Because the Ghost counts as four players, he is very valuable.
The caller takes some of the damage dealers with him up to the top shrine to battle the enemy team. Because of the layout of the map, at the opening of a match, this is the first point of contention (each teams usually begins by capping their own side). Usually another monk (the Infuser) will join them.
The rest of the team caps the middle shrine. Occasionally, if your team has a snare, that person will be sent instead to harass the enemy team's ghost. Preventing their ghost from getting to new capture points can slow them down considerably.
At the beginning of the match, the caller will usually tell the team (usually by number) which shrines they are going to. This splitting of the team tends to last the whole match. When each teammate sticks to their original split group, the entire team moves efficiently.
This is one of the most common splits used on this map. However changing your strategy can frequently surprise the enemy team.
- Each member of the winning team gains Fame depending on their consecutive wins.
- The winning team also gains 200 Balthazar Faction and an additional 100 if they achieve a flawless victory.
- The next map is Golden Gates, although it can be skipped.
- This map was added in the August 2, 2007 update.
|Heroes' Ascent arenas|
|Arenas:||Heroes' Ascent | The Underworld | Fetid River | Burial Mounds | Unholy Temples | Forgotten Shrines | Golden Gates | The Courtyard | Antechamber | The Vault | The Hall of Heroes|
|Out of rotation:||Broken Tower | Scarred Earth | Sacred Temples|