|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Gadd is a cantankerous, demanding old Asura, who prefers to hire "disposable humans" to help him in the lab with his experiments. Though he won’t admit it, this is partly due to necessity, as many of his own race won't work for him. Many unfortunate "accidents" have befallen Gadd's past assistants, and though one is likely to learn much in his employ, most Asura prefer to live a long life.
Gadd has recently employed a group of humans willing (or stupid enough) to assist him. They claim to be members of a rebel group fighting to restore peace and order to their homelands, which Gadd couldn't care less about. He gives them the "privilege" of testing his inventions, and if they survive, he'll let them purchase a few. Gadd is respected by other Asura but is given a wide berth even by his associates. You never can tell when he's going to wake up on the wrong side of the bed...and use you in his next experiment.
After fighting off the Destroyers attacking the G.O.L.E.M. construction site, and subsequently clearing the Destroyer hive, Oola tells the party during the Price of Victory cinematic that Gadd died because he tried to increase the power of the Golems. Vekk is stricken more than one would expect given his previous remarks about Gadd, and we learn that Gadd was in fact Vekk's father.
- Depths of Tyria
- Tarnished Coast
- Air Attunement
- Glyph of Energy (elite)
- Glyph of Lesser Energy
- Lightning Hammer
- Lightning Orb
- Decipher Inscriptions (monster skill)
- "This is no time for chitchat! Make yourself useful and go kill something."
- You're lucky you brought me on board this project. I shudder to think what might have transpired had you attempted this without me.
- In a heated exchange during At the Bloodstone, Vekk mumbles, "I swear, if we didn't need him, I would shove him off a bridge." Later, during Price of Victory, Vekk pours Gadd's ashes over a bridge.
- Gadd was initially intended to be a necromancer.
- Kevin Gadd was a Game Designer and Engine Programmer at ArenaNet. Professor E. Gadd is the English-language name of a character in Luigi's Mansion, from Nintendo's Mario series.
- The voice actor for this character is André Sogliuzzo, who also voiced Egil Fireteller and Torg Bloodspine.