From Guild Wars Wiki
Update #2 - Thursday, April 24, 2008
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from gaining access to the original Guild Wars end run (following the Hell’s Precipice mission).
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Priest of Balthazar from working correctly with PvP characters.
Guild Wars Wiki notes
- The gold weapons acquired from Grand Mason Stonecleaver which were introduced in this update did not mod properly, for example, shield handles would not attach to Gold Deldrimor Shields. This was fixed in the subsequent update.
- Either this update or the previous update on the same day added an additional quote to Shing Jea Sherman to respond to achievements in the Party Animal title track.
Update - Thursday, April 24, 2008
Guild Wars Third Anniversary Celebration
- Made preparations for the Guild Wars Third Anniversary event.
- New end-game area: Players who complete Hell's Precipice (the final mission of the first campaign) will receive a Deldrimor Talisman. This trophy can be exchanged for one of the new Deldrimor weapons. The end-game area is permanent and will remain in place after the anniversary event finishes.
- Beginning at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT) on Friday, April 25, 2008, players will be able to access the Rollerbeetle Racing and Dragon Arena outposts by speaking with special event NPCs located in the Great Temple of Balthazar, Lion's Arch, Kamadan, and Shing Jea Monastery.
- Beginning at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT) on Friday, April 25, 2008, players will be able to access the Boardwalk in Shing Jea Monastery.
- The event will conclude and all special event NPCs will leave at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT) on Tuesday, April 29, 2008.
- For more information, see the Guild Wars Third Anniversary event page.
- Dark Pact: reverted back to 10...40...48 damage.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Heroes to occasionally ignore placed flags.
- Improved Hero/Henchmen responses to effects that cause skills to fail, such as Spell Breaker. If the target is immune to a skill, Heroes will now stop activating that skill after a small number of failures.
- Improved Hero AI for the Monk skill Pacifism; Heroes will no longer use the skill on spellcasters unless specifically ordered to.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Monk skill Spirit Bond to heal an incorrect number of times when recast on a target already enchanted with Spirit Bond.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some players from unlocking the Hero Battles outpost.
- Fixed a bug that allowed characters to equip skills from multiple secondary professions.
- Fixed Monk Obsidian Armor to make it appear correctly from the back.
- Fixed a bug that caused multiple copies of the Ram effect (in Rollerbeetle Racing) to interact incorrectly. This skill now cannot be reused until its initial effects wear off.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Paragon primary attribute Leadership to not give Energy to characters when the skills "The Power Is Yours!" and "Never Give Up!" were used.
- Updated the selection of Wayward Wands and Straw Effigies at the end of the Factions campaign to include attributes that could not be found on rods and focus items when that campaign was released.
- Updated the selection of Staves of the Forgotten and Golden Boar Scepters at the end of the Nightfall campaign to include Energy Storage versions.