Gates of Kryta
|Gates of Kryta|
|Preceded by||To Kryta: Journey's End|
|Followed by||Report to the White Mantle|
 Mission information
Secure a safe place for your people to settle.
- Make contact with the local authorities at Lion's Arch.
- Head south across the beach to find Justiciar Hablion.
- Help Justiciar Hablion clear the swamp of undead.
- *BONUS* Retrieve the Orrian text and have it translated.
Head south until you reach the village (point 2). To open the gate, you must defeat all the undead in the open area along the route. Once inside, speak to Justiciar Toriimo to open the southern exit from the village and head over the bridge at the beach.
Follow the shore to the east and talk to Justiciar Hablion to trigger the first cinematic. Immediately afterwards, the White Mantle will rush forward to fight the undead. Players must ensure this NPC's survival or the mission will fail. Once all foes had been cleared, the second/final cinematic will trigger. To increase the chance of success in this last task, you can simply not talk to him since you can complete the mission without him. While at it, if your party nearly wipes except for one player, that single survivor can return to Hablion; talking to him will trigger the first cinematic and result in your party's entire resurrection (at his location) which grants a second chance with the White Mantle reinforcements.
Talk to the pig named Oink (point 1) to get it to follow you; lead it back to Cheswick (the owner) (point 2). Follow the water north from the beach until you find a chest (point 3) that contains the Orrian Text. Picking up the book will popup several Smoke Phantoms: these should only present a problem for lower-level parties. Along the way, you will encounter several more trigger points; again, fight rather than run. You get credit for the bonus when you return the text to the Orrian Historian McClain (point 2).
Alternatively, you can go straight to the chest (point 3) after getting Oink to follow you, bypassing both McClain and Cheswick. Oink will tank your enemies, allowing you to easily defeat them (the pig's damage output is next to nothing, but it is invincible to your enemies). (You could retrieve the book without Oink, but (a) he must be with you to get credit for the bonus and (b) you would lose his help along the way.)
 Hard mode
The White Mantle NPCs will die very quickly, so it is wiser to run ahead of them and clear a path to ensure Justiciar Hablion's survival.
 Skill recommendations
- Phantoms and skeletons are not fleshy, so they don't leave exploitable corpses and are immune to bleeding, disease, and poison.
 Hard mode
- Holy damage skills, which deal double damage versus skeletons and zombies.
- Condition removal and hex removal skills, to counter Skeleton Mesmer's Ineptitude and Fragility.
 Interactive object
- 8 (20) Oink
- 1 (20) Cheswick
- 10 (20) Josephine
- 10 (20) Orrian Historian McClain
- 10 (20) Farmer
- 8 (20) Kryta Female
- 8 (20) Kryta Male
- 10 (20) Merchant
Humans (White Mantle)
- 18 (20) Justiciar Hablion
- 15 (20) Justiciar Toriimo
- 15 (20) Lion's Arch Guard
- 15 (20) White Mantle Knight
- 12 (20) White Mantle Seeker
- 15 (20) White Mantle Abbot
- 15 (20) White Mantle Savant
 Charmable animals
- 5 Lynx
- 18 (25) Lightning Drake
- 17 (25) Smoke Phantom
- 14 (28) Sayad the Bloodless
- 15 (28) Ijan the Cursed
- 15 (28) Onan the Spiritless
- 15 (28) Nazeem the Damned
When approaching the encampment:
- White Mantle Seeker: The scriptures speak of the walking dead. Soon the true seers will be revealed.
- Recruit: "Do you think this will be like the standoff at the Temple of Mercy?"
- Veteran: "I understand. But keeping this location safe is also important."
- Recruit: "This is bunk. Stuck here while everyone else is out fighting."
- Veteran: "Be patient. Your time will come."
- Recruit: "It's just that I feel so powerless here."
- Josephine: "You've got to be kidding me."
- Merchant: "I never kid."
- Josephine: "Four gold for a head of lettuce?"
- Merchant: "It's supply and demand."
- Josephine: "Well, then I demand my money back."
- Merchant: "Look, Joe, my whole crop was trampled by those ghouls."
- Josephine: "I don't care. I won't pay that much."
- Merchant: "Suit yourself."
- Merchant: "All right, look, how 'bout I give it to you for three gold."
- Josephine: "Three gold? For that much, I could clothe my entire family!"
- Merchant: "Then, what would you pay?"
- Josephine: "Hmm... For a gold piece each, I'll take three."
- Merchant: "I'll give you three heads of lettuce for four gold."
- Josephine: "I'll give you three heads of lettuce for four gold." [sic]
- Cheswick: "Dad, when will we be able to go back home?"
- Orrian Historian McClain: "When the white mantle have made sure everything is safe."
- Cheswick: "Do you think my pig will be safe?"
- Orrian Historian McClain: I don't know, son. I don't know."
- Cheswick: "Dad?"
- Orrian Historian McClain: Yes?"
- Cheswick: "Where are all these strange people from?"
- Orrian Historian McClain: They're from over the mountains. From Ascalon."
- Cheswick: "But I thought Ascalon was destroyed?"
- Orrian Historian McClain: Me too, son. Me too."
- Cheswick: "I'm scared."
- Cheswick: "Dad, when this is over, do you think we can go float some flowers for mom?"
- Orrian Historian McClain: How're you holding up?"
- Cheswick: "Can we light the candle, too?"
- Orrian Historian McClain: Well, I think you've been pretty brave today."
- Orrian Historian McClain: You bet."
- Orrian Historian McClain: Anything you want, son. Anything you want."
- After completing this mission, your party will be taken to Lion's Arch.
- Complete exploration of this mission contributes approximately 1.4% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Players looking for the cartographer title can find a hidden path behind the house where Oink is found.
- This mission is a popular place to power level and/or farm Decayed Orr Emblems (which have special collectors during Halloween and Wintersday).
- Have Oink follow you and continue down the path that leads behind the house near where you find him. At the bottom of the hill you will find a Hellhound. Attacking it will cause more undead to appear. Run back and the undead will crowd around Oink, allowing you to easily kill them.