Guild:Servants Of Fortuna
| This page is about a particular player guild that has been recognized by ArenaNet for its .|
The contents of this page are player-managed and do not represent official Guild Wars lore. Any roleplaying, fictional, speculative, or opinionated claims on this page apply solely to the players in the guild, not to the Guild Wars canon. Guild pages must comply with the guild pages policy.
 Servants of Fortuna [SoF]
|Servants Of Fortuna [SoF]|
|No. of members||~70|
|Guild Hall||Druid's Isle|
"We serve Fortuna. May she grant us a smile."
The guild was founded at the tail end of 2004, when Guild Wars was still in beta phase. During the World Preview Event, most GW players experienced the frustrations of bad pickup groups and mission failure. For the December BWE, the difficulty setting was turned up for beta testing purpose and the average difficulty of low level quests was similar to the current Thunderhead Keep or Sorrow's Furnace, and possibly higher. That particular BWE was every PuG's nightmare as all players were inexperienced.
However, in this deadly environment it became easy to tell who was relaxed and friendly, and who was willing to talk about strategy and think before rushing forward. Our three founders (Chiao, Oracle and FrogDevourer) barely knew one another from a GW forum at the beginning of the weekend. However, after two days of successful missions and profitable Drake hunts, they had added one another to their friends list.
Each was looking for a guild that would match different and demanding criteria: international, friendly, relaxed, mature, skilled, open to casual players, with diverse people willing to talk about the wealth of strategic content of this newly emerging game, and if possible with a decent name and cape. At that time such guilds were rare, if not impossible to find. So creating their own guild was the most logical solution.
Now over 3 years later, there are nearly 70 Servants of Fortuna and the guild enjoys a very low attrition rate, a high level of activity on the guild forum and the feedback we've had thus far leads us to believe that we have achieved what we set out to.
The Servants of Fortuna are lead not by one leader, but by a council of several members. The council is composed of a handful of friendly, experienced, and mature members that have been deemed worthy by their predecessors. Councillors do not expect to be treated differently because of their status, in fact, they like to think of themselves as "typical members except with more responsibility." Major decisions regarding the guild are open for the whole guild to discuss and influence and are only resolved when a consensus is achieved.
- When you browse GW forums, you will sometimes see posts from players who are frustrated by random groups lacking any sort of team-work or strategy, and who are looking for an active and organized guild with competent players who are genuine, and have some humor. We trust many of them would be very happy Servants of Fortuna.
- We're not obsessed with rank, fame, xp or gold and amassed items. Instead we look for open minded players who are eager to help, to teach or to learn, and to play all aspects of the game within a constructive and supportive circle of friends.
- Our in-depth hiring process has been at the cornerstone of making sure that every new addition to the guild shares our values and enjoyment. When someone applies to join the guild, that person is invited to party with guild members. We like to take our time and to get acquainted with potential recruits. If everybody feels comfortable playing together, the applicant is accepted as a permanent Guild Member - it's as easy as that!
- Of course, our criteria are higher than many guilds, in terms of maturity, playstyle, teaming ability, and most importantly - personality. Our Recruiters drive the recruiting process and every applicant will be assessed for a few days or weeks depending on the amount of time played, and on the feedback given by guild members.
- We have recently implemented a new system where we invite Stage 2 applicants into a special alliance guild we have created to help with setting up trial runs: [APP]. In this way, applicants can communicate via Alliance Chat with our members to get to know us and more readily join up with folks for trial runs.
- If you're interested in becoming a Servant of Fortuna, please head on over here and fill out an application today!
- If you are a guild leader and looking for a mature, friendly, and active alliance, please read further here and apply!
We have recently been having at least an event a week. Major events are mainly trips to Elite areas, such as FoW & DoA, or maybe even a hard mode dungeon. Other events include VQ trains, where we VQ an area or more in one sitting, or a little GvG here and a little HA there. We also have spontaneous groupings, all it takes is a shout out via alliance chat!
We also have the occasional 'get-together' events, where we just hang out and have fun in GH. Our Wintersday 2007 get-together event was an exciting trivia game which was followed by a challenging scavenger hunt for collector items.
All events are alliance-wide, and everyone is welcome.
 Contact information
- Alana (Alana Crystalbreeze & Kira Deathdealer)
- bsoltan (Ben Soltan & Milo Pressman)
- Beqxter (Brother Beqxter & Beqxtra Androctasia)
- Crash Test (Crashing Darkness)
- darkMishkin (Alice Diemon)
- Navis (Navis Swift)
- Rob#2 (Rabba Nabba & Robby Thundercleese)
- Velvet (Velvet Darkshadow)
- Wesley of Florin (Wesley Of Florin & Wesley The Wonder)
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
I liked the look of how the existing members in SoF:Victrix looked like so I applied it to our council. Many thanks to Yesitsrob!
|Servants Of Fortuna Alliance|
|Leader||Servants Of Fortuna|
|Members||All Squishies • Applicant Parking Pad • Defenders Of Gods • Guardians Of The Stars • Guildwar Junkies • Odins Hammer • Scouts Of Tyria • Servants Of Fortuna Victrix • The Torrencians|