The following lists the April 2009 news from the official GuildWars.com site.
 April 29th, 2009
Continuing with our anniversary celebrations, we've got more insider interviews for your reading pleasure!
- Game Designer Colin Johanson talks with Gamervision about the lasting appeal of Guild Wars, his favorite design experience from the game, and the big anniversary blowout.
- Game Designer Eric Flannum gives Rock, Paper Shotgun readers a glimpse into his thoughts about Guild Wars and shares some of the high points he's experienced as a designer and a player.
- System Designer Ben Miller sits down with RPG Fan to talk about what makes Guild Wars stand out among MMOs, as well as the past, present, and future of the game.
- Community Manager Regina Buenaobra's chat with Talking About Games covers the origins and progression of both Guild Wars and its community.
- Community Manager Martin Kerstein shares his thoughts about the evolution of Guild Wars over the past four years in this Gameplay Monthly interview.
 April 28th, 2009
Today marks our fourth anniversary, and as part of the celebration we're exploring the past, present, and future of Guild Wars with a series of insider interviews!
- ArenaNet studio head Mike O'Brien shares his thoughts on the origins of Guild Wars and its exciting future in the latest MMOZine and in this interview on IGN.
- Guild Wars Lead Designer James Phinney chats with the folks at ZAM about the fourth anniversary, the lasting appeal of Guild Wars, and how the game has evolved over the past four years.
- Over at GameZone, Community Manager Regina Buenaobra reflects on the anniversary and the role of the Guild Wars community in the game's continued success.
- System Designer Curtis Johnson gives OMG RPG his thoughts about the past four years and the big anniversary celebration.
Don't miss any of this special coverage as Guild Wars observes its greatest anniversary celebration yet!
 April 27th, 2009
The NCsoft website is experiencing unusually high traffic. Due to site performance issues we ask that players please try redeeming their storage later in the week. Players have until May 31 to redeem, so there's plenty of time! We apologize for any inconvenience.
 April 24th, 2009
We're thrilled to announce that Guild Wars has sold over SIX MILLION copies! The timing for this milestone couldn't be better—coinciding with our fourth anniversary and its huge update, we're even more excited for the future. Thanks to everyone for playing our game and continuing to support us!
 April 23rd, 2009
It's here! The huge Fourth Anniversary Update you've been hearing about is now live. What's more, we've kept certain features a secret, so this update has even more in it than you might expect. Check out all the new gameplay improvements on these pages:
- Update Page:See the new features on this enhanced page
- Birthday Celebration: Fourth-year miniatures and more
- FREE pane of Xunlai Storage: See how to get yours
This update reflects our warm and heartfelt thanks for your dedication over the past four years. We couldn't have done it without you. Enjoy the celebration!
 April 16th, 2009
This week, our community has been very active in providing you with more user-generated events, videos, and other awesome activities. Make sure to check out our Community News!
 April 10th, 2009
There's a big update coming this month. We call it our "Fourth Anniversary Update," and it has the storage upgrades we promised you earlier, plus cool new content to play around with. Head on over to our event page, and we'll show you a sneak peek!
 April 9th, 2009
In this month's tournament news, Straight Outta Kamadan [KMD] defeated Dangerous Pumpkins [dP] to become our March GvG champions. In Hero Battles, Adorable Corail proved victorious and took first place. Congratulations to all competitors! For more detailed rankings, check out the full GvG and 1v1 results here.
With today's live update, we'll add March's prediction points to the Xunlai Agent and update the tonic in the Zaishen Chest. If you made March predictions in the Xunlai Tournament House, check your neighborhood Xunlai Agent after the update to claim your Tournament Reward Points.
To find out the tonic flavor for April (and the last of our mystery tonics), check the Zaishen Rewards Calendar.
Check out some of the awesome events and activities our players have in store for the Guild Wars community in our latest Community News update!
 April 8th, 2009
We're incredibly excited to announce that Martin Kerstein, our longtime German community manager, has moved across the Pond! Martin joins the ArenaNet studios in Bellevue, Washington, where he will continue on as our German Community Manager. Join us in welcoming Martin to the Bellevue family!
 April 2nd, 2009
We've expanded on existing language in our User Agreement by creating a Naming Policy. This will give players more guidance on acceptable names.
In addition, we have also updated the Rules of Conduct and Conduct Breaches and Outcomes to address uncertainty over PvP conduct, as well as reflect the information in the Naming Policy.
To review the changes, please visit the Naming Policy , Rules of Conduct, and Conduct Breaches and Outcomes pages. For an explanation of the changes, please visit our community manager's wiki blog for more details.
|GuildWars.com News archives|