Help:Ask a game question/Archive2010 06 01-30
In Alliance Battle after a death when my character resurects why does my char not have full energy???
Talmark Wilderness not vanquished?
I just noticed something today that has appeared on my account and also my wife's. We both have the vanquisher titles completed, but Talmark Wilderness shows on my map as not done. Our titles are showing as completed though. Does this have anything to do with the war in kryta line, or a bug? Or is there a new bonus for revanquishing this area? I looked on wiki but was unable to find anything about this. Thanks!188.8.131.52 17:25, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
- It's a bug because of the War in Kryta content. You can only get credit towards your title once. Manifold 17:28, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
Is there any possible way to eliminate the deaths shown when the emote "/deaths" is used in order to try and attain the Survior title? --184.108.40.206 11:58, 30 May 2010 (UTC) Master Levan
- Unfortunately not. Deaths are permanent unless you remake the character. --Wingsy 12:22, 30 May 2010 (UTC)
how do you get rid of a guild hall or change the name? also why am I seeing a bunch of players in pre ascolon with caracters from other campains can tell from armor and high levels to ? thanks for your time
- The only way to get rid of a guild hall or change a guild name is to disband it and start over. There is no way that characters from other campaigns or high level armor can be in Pre-Searing Ascalon. It is possible for characters to reach level 20 in Pre-searing, See:Defender of Ascalon. -- Wyn talk 14:51, 30 May 2010 (UTC)
- You can't "get rid" of a guild hall once your guild has one, and you can't change the name of the guild hall at all. You can however change your guild hall to a different one by talking to the Canthan Ambassador. If you want to change the name of the actual guild, then you have to make a new one from scratch. — Poki#3 (talk) 23:19, 30 May 2010 (UTC)
Heros real name
I am TOTALLY frustrated! I jsut know that somewhere in the NF campaign, General Morgahn's first name is revealed, but for the LIFE of me I cant rememebr what it is or where he says it...anyone know? THANKS!--220.127.116.11 06:53, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
- I do know that master of whispers reviels his name in the dialog of Dzagonur Bastion ... As for the general I donno... In the dialog for Grand Court of Sebelkeh he joins forces with you stripped of his general rank... but everyone who knows him refers to him as Morgahn. MrPaladin † talk 11:29, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
- Morgahn is his first name. His last name is Smith. elix Omni 09:15, 1 June 2010 (UTC)
Installing on multiple computers
- How many do you want, however each single account can only be logged on from one place at the same time. Your characters are saved on external servers, so you can play on one computer, log off, and them finish playing on another. The only thing that doesn't save are screenshots and skill/equipment templates. — Poki#3 (talk) 09:13, 1 June 2010 (UTC)
titles in pre ascalon
new to game and have done some research on web site it says once you leave pre there is no going back was woundering how players get titles under name with high numbers pre is not that big of an area some examples Adept treasure hunter 2 savior of the luxons 12 vanquishing gladiator 8 thanks for info --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- Those are account wide titles, so characters that are not in pre are earning them, then they can be displayed by characters in pre. -- FreedomBound 14:58, 1 June 2010 (UTC)
- the Title page will have more information... titles such as treasure hunter are VERY difficult to earn in pre and have to be done during special events like finding Golden Eggs during easter events. MrPaladin † talk 15:00, 1 June 2010 (UTC)
With the Kurzick And luxon faction Wiki says that when you donate to your alliance/Guild You get 10,000 Points added to your title per 5k Donated. I've noticed that im only getting 5k per 5k. Help?? Ty.
- I don't see the wiki page you are refering to. the Faction Rewards Page says that turning in 5k will yeild 5k... it then gives an example of losing 10k in the alternate alliance when you spend toward one... The only time you will get 10000 reward for 5000 turned in is from Weekend events that can offer double the reward bonus, so its best to save your points until then whenever possible... MrPaladin † talk 01:20, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
- That's not true, 5k will yield 10k toward your title when you donate to the alliance that you're in (but turning it in for
skills/amber/scrolls yields 1:1). And, it works just fine for me, so I suggest the OP contact support if he/she feels he's having an issue with it. Double weekends just double everything. -- FreedomBound 01:41, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
- That's not true, 5k will yield 10k toward your title when you donate to the alliance that you're in (but turning it in for
- from the page Fourth Anniversary content update there is this information ""Lastly, to celebrate our anniversary, we have a limited-time offer where you can get a FREE pane of Xunlai Storage. This promotion is the ONLY way to get this special pane; it is extra, which means you can't buy it later. "" Therefore there is no way to get that pane past May 31st 09 MrPaladin † talk 01:34, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
I have a question. I have a pre-Searing solo Warrior and a pre-Searing solo Ranger. They're both level 3.
Why does the Warrior get more loot from killing then my Ranger?--Vuurvosje74 20:29, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
- It doesn't, the drop rate is the same for every profession. -- Tha Reckoning 20:30, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
Is there some luck involved?--Vuurvosje74 20:55, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
Thanks Tha Reckoning. I was constantly thinking about this for months.--Vuurvosje74 20:57, 7 June 2010 (UTC)
are you allowed to use two accounts to farm z-keys for one accounts profit?
- If they're both yours and you aren't doing anything against EULA, then I don't see why not. -- Tha Reckoning 23:54, 7 June 2010 (UTC)
hi , i made a nightfall monk , but now i would like to go to ascalon city , but how ??? i'm already lvl 9 pls help me--22.214.171.124 18:02, 9 June 2010 (UTC)
- See Campaign travel. Manifold 18:10, 9 June 2010 (UTC)
- Please note that characters born in another campaign (i.e., Nightfall and Factions) cannot do the beginner quests around Ascalon City. --Dragon Nataku 13:59, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
- You need to have finished the line of primary quests on Istan ending with "The Time is Nigh" which will et you campaign travel to Prophecies, where you arrive in Lions Arch. Then you will have to backtrack all the way to Ascalon City. --Manassas 14:17, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
Meaning of 'unded'?
- undedicated - Tanetris 16:40, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
- Cool, thanks. 126.96.36.199 16:49, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
Saving the Game
hello, I was just wondering how to save the game because I have completed very difficult things in this game like in hard mode, and I don't want to lose all of the data. If I have to reformat my computer because of a virus type problem, will I lose all my data or is there a way to save it and not lose all of the process in the game. Can someone help me please? 188.8.131.52 20:22, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
- Your game is saved online and not locally. You won't lose anything except screenshots, and skill templates.--Lania 20:23, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
- to save them back up the folder called "Guild Wars" in your my documents folder. 184.108.40.206 20:24, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
If you buy Nightfall, do you get everything included in Factions as well? Not the campaign, but stuff like the Assassin/Ritualist classes and able to unlock their skills. Thanks in advance. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
- No, you get everything that comes with Nightfall, but if you want Factions skills or want to make Factions professions, you have to get Factions. However since Nightfall includes Heroes, you can unlock those (even the Assassin and Ritualist ones), which come with a small number of their own skills which they can use but you can't (and you can't force their use by clicking them, but you can disable them) and you can of course give those heroes any skills you do have unlocked. Tylenol Jones 12:21, 12 June 2010 (UTC)
Virus in Guildwars?
hello, I was wondering if Guild Wars, might possibly contain a virus somehow because I was playing about to complete an area and during the middle of it my virus protection software started randomly alerting me that there is a virus. Is there a reason to this, or does the game have a virus, or is there something wrong unrelated to the game? Please let me know what to do when that happens (ie. reformatting, restarting, shutting off...etc) Thank you. 18.104.22.168 22:19, 12 June 2010 (UTC)
- You might have a virus, but the chances of it having come from Guild Wars is slim to none (consider the fact nobody else has posted anything about this). Scan your computer fully and do what you would normally do to check for viruses, trojans and other nasties. Tylenol Jones 22:46, 12 June 2010 (UTC)
How do you get rid of a pet?
- Talk to a Pet tamer, or someone in the Zaishen Menagerie, I think. Manifold 22:28, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
- Pet Tamers are located outside of Ascalon, Kamadan,Shing Jea Monastery and the Gwens garden in the Eye of the North. the Zaishe Mengerie you talk to Emryd the Tamer. I suggest you get rid of all your pets in the Mengerie because you can recharm the animal again there if you want itOcren
Disconnecting After a Certain Time
I want to know how long it takes to disconnect when AFK can someone help, Thank You--22.214.171.124 13:23, 15 June 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know if there is a fixed limit in hours, but I know it takes MANY hours if there is a limit at all (definately more than 12 hours). --Manassas 13:40, 15 June 2010 (UTC)
Warband of Brothers mission
Hi, I would like to know, if it is possible to cap Mind Blast from 28 (30) Flamemaster Maultooth → Mind Blast (level 3). He's the last boss, but I'm sure. Does the mission ends after killing him immediately? Am I able to cap it before the end? 
- There's a 15 second countdown, so yes you can cap it. Manifold 14:28, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
No Support From Support?
Does anyone know when the email address for guild wars support is going to be fixed i'm trying to contact support but my emails are returned with this message:-
"This is an automated message from the BorderWare MXtreme Mail Firewallat host smtp2.guildwars.com. The message returned below could not be delivered to its intendeddestinations. For further assistance, please send mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org>."--Jesterexe 18:47, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- You could ask Gaile, but it might be quicker to wait until they fix their email. Seriously, though, they've been having issues with that for a couple of weeks, it seems to be on again, off again. Have you tried submitting through the web interface? -- FreedomBound 18:49, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
Yes i've tried Ask a question on the offical support page, which requires you create an account at the end of it, and if i login to my master account an try that way it still asks me to create a new account.--Jesterexe 18:57, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- For security and practical reasons (what would happen if you where writing because you forgot your login information?) a Support Account is different from a NCsoft Master Account. Go ahead and make one. — Poki#3 (talk) 20:51, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the advise it was spot on, i've contacted support now an they sorted my problem in a matter of hours--Jesterexe 08:52, 18 June 2010 (UTC)
Guild Name Change
I recently aquired a Guild Hall from another player that was leaving Guild Wars. I have the ability to change the cape/emblem but, not to change the name. I read something about you having to completely buy a new Guild Hall in order to change the name but, i dont have the money for two.can i change it?--126.96.36.199 03:36, 18 June 2010 (UTC)
- There is no way to change a guilds name and keep everything; you'll have to start from scratch. -- Wandering Traveler 05:33, 18 June 2010 (UTC)
I have been trying to do the War In Kryta quests and bounties but I am finding it impossible to do the bounties in HM we can only have 4 to 6 players in most areas and the foes outnumber us about 10 fold. How is this fair they are levels 24 to 32 and we are only Level 20 and there are so many all me and my heros do is to get wiped out......Are ya'll making it so hard to keep people for playing the game or WHAT..... THIS IS A GAME ..... It should not be this impossible to get thru a area in the kryta area. Come on at least give us a chance we don't all enjoy playing with groups I like to play alone with heros and henches but it is impossible to do with them.......Please respond because I always loved to play Guild Wars and I have spent a lot of money on this game, but if this is the way its going to continue then I will not be investing in Guild Wars 2...Please reply ...my main char is Ritualist Princess. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk).
- All I can suggest is... don't do it in HM? There's no reward for doing so. Shadow Runner 15:22, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
What sort of heroes are you using? I play a ranger and carry the ebon vanguard assassin and the ice imp to help. The assassin I use on the healers, the imp for the ice spikes for slowing. My 3 heroes are a minion master, necro/rit healer and rit spirit spammer. I'll pick the mage and healer henchies to round out my party. Set all the spirits and then pull carefully, don't just rush in. Once the MM has a fair amount of friends, it gets even easier. Good Luck!184.108.40.206 16:01, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
- Not that we are not ArenaNet. We are gamers just like you. Also, what is your question? People have been asking Arenanet for years to give us some foes that are challenging. They have given us just that, foes with good dual profession skill bars and an adequate team composition. It seems to me you are not ready yet for taking them on in HM. If you are looking for help on what to run on your bar and/or your heroes, I'd suggest asking at a forum, like GuildwarsGuru. Those are better suited for your needs. -- Arduin 16:17, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
Help for a total newbee
(reposted as I forgot a title!)
Err, not sure what to do -just purchased the "complete collection" and loaded it up - once I created a character it seems to have just started, no clues / tutorial etc (as if i've dropped into the middle / should know what i'm doing!) - it's asking me for a "Party Formation", yet I just want to experiment in the single player campaigns for a while.
(thanks)220.127.116.11 16:24, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
- You sure you made a PvE character? Take a look at Guide to character creation, I think you've made yourself a PvP-only character. -- Arduin 16:50, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
- Also, if he's in pre-searing, there's no real tutorial per-se. You just basically run about learning how to play by trial-and-error, and get random (not very useful) tips on your screen from time to time. --Dragon Nataku 15:09, 22 June 2010 (UTC)
General GuildWars question
HI, i would like to know, Do i have to buy Guild wars, guild wars factions, guild wars nightfall and guild wars eye of the north too have the full content to start playing, and how many patches and things do i need to download, and are there any payments too be made, Thanks so much :)
- GuildWars Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall are separate campaigns in the GuildWars world. However, any character you make in one campaign can travel to the other campaigns (as long as those campaigns are linked to the same account) at some point in the PvE storyline. You don't NEED to buy all three to enjoy the game, but doing so gives you a lot more skills and storylines. Eye of the North is the expansion, which can be accessed by any lv 10 character from any of the previously-mentioned campaigns (so you don't need all three campaigns to play the expansion, just one). Each campaign/expansion requires one single payment, although there are versions of GuildWars that come with all four in the box, which would be cheaper if you really want all four. There are no monthly payments. About the download, just expect to spend like 3+ hours or so downloading stuff after you login. If you want to reduce your load times between areas while ingame, I suggest taking a look at this page (specifically the section on -image), which will help with that. Have fun! --Dragon Nataku 15:39, 26 June 2010 (UTC)