Herds to the Slaughter
|Herds to the Slaughter|
|Given by|| Herdsman Zekanu |
in Marga Coast
(Click to enlarge)
 Quest information
- Seek out Herdsman Mehnosi on the Marga Coast.
- Protect the cattle while Herdsman Mehnosi moves them to a safer location. At least 3 cows must survive.
- See Herdsman Zekanu for your reward.
The herd must be escorted from southeast of the garrison to the entrance of Nundu Bay. First clear the path between the locations of any enemies that normally spawn there. Then talk to Herdsman Mehnosi, at point M on the quest map, to start the herd moving. Two groups of Kournan military, at points K on the quest map, will spawn and attack the herd. The first group attacks just southwest of the garrison and the second group attacks along the path between the garrison and Nundu Bay. Intercept and destroy these groups before they come in range of the cows. Then just wait until the herd reaches its final destination. Go to Herdsman Zekanu at point Z on the quest map for your reward.
 Initial dialogue
- Herdsman Zekanu: "Elder Jonah, surely you see how much of a crisis this will become if ignored!"
- Elder Jonah: "I hear your concerns, Herdsman Zekanu, but my hands are tied."
- Herdsman Zekanu: "Elder Jonah, it is your duty to protect us. Why have you not pressed this issue with the captain of the garrison?"
- Elder Jonah: "I have appealed to the garrison many times on this issue only to be rebuffed each time. What more can I do?"
- Herdsman Zekanu: "Take this matter straight to the capital...to the Warmarshal herself if you must! These ruffians must be stopped or it will be the death of us all! Am I the only one who sees this?"
- Herdsman Zekanu: "How will we feed our children when there is no meat left? Soon the garrison will have taken it all."
- Elder Jonah: "The soldiers seem to be far hungrier of late. Or perhaps there's something else in that garrison with a powerful hunger for meat. I have implored the local captain to have mercy on us, but to no avail."
- Herdsman Zekanu: "Grazing in the shadow of the fort only makes them easy targets. Moving them out of sight may take them off the minds of the soldiers. Maybe your Sunspears can help us?"
- "I'm well aware of our duty to feed the garrison here, and never have I complained before...but lately the soldiers there have gotten out of hand. They've been demanding far more of my herds than ever before. I even saw one of them using my cattle for target practice! At this rate, the entire village will starve come winter. I'm afraid that because the herd grazes so close to the garrison, the cattle make easy, tempting targets. Please, seek out Herdsman Mehnosi in the shadow of the fort and help him protect my herds as they move to safer pastures."
- Accept: "This problem affects everyone. I will see it resolved."
- Decline: "I'm far too busy to play herdsman to your livestock."
- Ask: "I know you're doing me a favor...but standing around here is a funny way to protect my herds. Please make haste and find Herdsman Mehnosi. He should know the best place to take the herds."
 Intermediate dialogue
- "You say Zekanu sent you? That makes sense. I think we should move the herd outside Nundu Bay. The water there is scarce, but they'll like the shade of the trees. We'd best get moving before the soldiers in the garrison notice you."
 Reward dialogue
- "Some are still wary of the Sunspear presence here, but there is no doubt you have done us a great service this day. Now I know why Melonni has been so quick to side with you. Those who still doubt will surely rethink that position every time they put meat on the table."
- If you clear the way to Nundu Bay, then immediately run to the first spawn location after talking to Herdsman Mehnosi, the cows won't even follow the Herdsman making this a simple quest to complete.