An Imbagon is a Paragon who spams "Save Yourselves!", providing a near-constant +100 armor to other party members. They are most frequently used in the Domain of Anguish, although they are generally useful for PvE. The term is a portmanteau of "Imbalanced" and "Paragon".
|/ Core Imbagon|
| Spear Mastery: 8+1+1 |
- Since Save Yourselves! is a Warrior skill, Imbagons are always Paragon/Warriors.
- Warrior secondary.
- Skills and equipment to quickly build up adrenaline, including:
- Centurion or Survivor Insignias.
- A Rune of Clarity.
- Furious spearhead of Fortitude.
- Command Shield of Fortitude with "Reduces Blind duration on you by 20%". (Eye of Argon is a good all-purpose choice)
- High energy set if DP drops your energy below 25.
- Provides a constant high reduction of damage to the party while within earshot.
- Extremely susceptible to Shout denial and Adrenal counters such as Vocal Minority and Soothing Images.
- Low DPS damage output
Imbagons are not used in PvP because of the following handicaps:
- Their most effective skills are PvE-only, e.g. "There's Nothing to Fear!".
- Other important skills have been nerfed for PvP, e.g. the PvP version of "Stand Your Ground!" only protects characters until their next attack.
- General-purpose build
|/ Focused Anger|
| Spear Mastery: 11+1+1 |
- PvE-only skills
Swap Ebon Battle Standard of Honor for:
- Shout skills
- Command: "Incoming!", "Stand Your Ground!" and "We Shall Return!"
- Leadership: "They're on Fire!"
- Tactics: "Retreat!", "Shields Up!", "To the Limit!" and "Watch Yourself!"
- "Stand Your Ground!" does not stack with "Save Yourselves!"
- Have a party member bring Dark Fury to make the job of maintaining "Save Yourselves!" trivial.
- The +100 AL of "Save Yourselves!" provides a damage reduction of 82.3% (only against armor-respecting damage). Or in other words, dropping SY! will result in about 5.7 times more armor-respecting damage taken.
|Type||General team roles||Example builds||Hero team builds|
|Damage||Spiker • Nuker||Bloodspike • Bomber • Dagger spammer • Touch ranger • Starburster • Trapper||Discordway|
|Pressure||Lineback||Barrager • Beast master • Cripshot Ranger • Pressure Ranger||—|
|Support||Healer • Protection||Battery • Bonder • Flag runner • Hybrid monk • Imbagon • Infuser • Orders||Sabway|
|Control||Shutdown • Tank||Hexway • Minion master • Perma • Spirit spammer||Mesmer Midline|
|Utility||Caller • Toolbox||Gimmick • Balanced • -Way||—|
|Guide to making a build • Category|