|Section||The Underworld Quests|
|Given by|| Reaper of the Bone Pits |
in Bone Pits
|Preceded by||Clear the Chamber|
(Click to enlarge)
Protect the group of souls that were wrongfully imprisoned in the Bone Pits.
- Defend the Released Spirits while they escape from the Pit.
- Protect the Released Spirits while they travel to the Reaper.
- Return to the Reaper of the Bone Pits for your reward.
- 10,000 Experience
It is highly advisable to have only one player take the quest while the rest of the party waits near the Bone Pit, where a group of four Tortured Spirits will spawn one by one as soon as the quest is taken. If any of these spirits are killed, you will be forced to go back to the outpost, so make sure that your team protects them. These spirits will attack foes, and actively run to enemies if they come within aggro range.
Almost immediately upon taking the quest, three Skeletons of Dhuum will spawn, one at each spawn point. Shortly after, a group of Terrorweb Dryders (both standard and silver) will spawn to the south (near the bridge), followed by another smaller group spawning to the northeast (by the small hooked pathway). It is important to position your party more or less on the spawns, so that the dryders do not more forward and aggro the Spirits. A third group of three Terrorweb Dryders will spawn near the bridge, further south than the first, about a minute after the quest begins. If your group is fast enough with DPS, both other groups will be dead by the time they spawn. If the Tortured Spirits hadn't taken any aggro, they will have already begun moving towards the Reaper.
Once you've killed the dryders and skeletons the spirits will walk to the Reaper and the quest will be completed.
- 15 (20) Tortured Spirit
- 28 (28) Reaper of the Bone Pits
- 28 (30) Skeleton of Dhuum
- Reaper of the Bone Pits
- "While I was trapped by the Terrorwebs, many souls which should not have been consigned to such a fate were cast down into the pit. Most have been lost forever, but a few remain who have not yet been driven to madness. I shall make it possible for them to escape the realm of torment. Do not allow these Released Spirits to be destroyed."
- Reaper of the Bone Pits
- "The Released Spirits have been sent to the Hall of Judgment, where Grenth shall select for them a fate befitting the measure of their mortal lives. You have served the God of Death well this day."
- Chained Souls keep spawning in the area. They will draw the aggro of the spirits and slow you down, but they do not pose a threat. There is not much you can do about this.