- This article is about PvP role. For PvE armor upgrade, see Infusion.
The role of an infuser is built around the very strong anti-spike spell Infuse Health. Infuse is capable of healing over 300 health in 1/4 of a second, though this comes at the price of half of the caster's current health. Due to the health loss, this skill is almost always used in conjunction with a self healing spell.
- Any Self-healing Spell
Skills of choice
- Word of Healing, due to its spammability, low cost, and large heal, is an effective self-heal after an infuse, as well as being an effective general-purpose heal.
- Light of Deliverance was often used before its nerf, as it was energy efficient in topping off both your bar and any extra the infusee needs. In addition, LoD was highly effective against many pressure builds.
- Spell Breaker was popular in HA before Factions and Nightfall offered better skills. This protected the infuser or Ghostly Hero from spikes (depending on map type). Other elites are often better, but Spell Breaker still sees occasional use in three monk backlines in combination with Arcane Mimicry on another monk.
- Healer's Boon is popular, as it increases the amount Infuse heals for.
- Ether Renewal combined with Aura of Restoration.
- You are responsible for countering spikes and great health losses of your team mates. This requires you to be extra alert.
- Kite and be observant. Watch for casters raising their arms and warriors running towards an ally.
- Don't occupy yourself with casting too much. This will make sure you are ready when your infuse is needed.
- Watch your energy level; it wouldn't do well not to have enough energy for infuser and followups! Keep your 15/-1 set on hand.
- Remember: prevention is better than the cure and PvP matches are a team effort, so the whole team should try to prevent spikes by knocking down and blinding spikers, interrupting key spells and even focusing a counterspike while they are less aware.
- It would be against the infuser's best interests to run any health-decreasing runes. An infuser may also wish to keep a shield up most of the time for extra defense.
- Warrior is a popular secondary for the tactics skill Balanced Stance (to prevent being knocked down before spikes) or other defensive skills such as Disciplined Stance, Soldier's Defense or Shield Bash.
- Assassin can be used for Dark Escape, Return and other self-preservative skills.
- Mesmer can be used to prevent becoming hexed with Hex Breaker or use Channeling for great energy pool in HA.
- Elementalist can be used for Glyph of Lesser Energy.
Infuse on non-monks
- Sometimes Infuse Health is run on other casters such as Elementalists, and/or Imbue Health on Dervishes if the monks can't accommodate the skill.
|Type||General team roles||Example builds||Hero team builds|
|Damage||Spiker • Nuker||Bloodspike • Bomber • Dagger spammer • Touch ranger • Starburster • Trapper||Discordway|
|Pressure||Lineback||Barrager • Beast master • Cripshot Ranger • Pressure Ranger||—|
|Support||Healer • Protection||Battery • Bonder • Flag runner • Hybrid monk • Imbagon • Infuser • Orders||Sabway|
|Control||Shutdown • Tank||Hexway • Minion master • Perma • Spirit spammer||Mesmer Midline|
|Utility||Caller • Toolbox||Gimmick • Balanced • -Way||—|
|Guide to making a build • Category|