Early in the game.
- "<player name>? Yes, I think I've heard of you."
- "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
- "Well, no matter where you go, at least you're finally getting somewhere."
- "You're one of the Sunspears, aren't you? Shouldn't you be guarding something?"
After The Tribunal.
- "Go tell the Kournans we will not fight them. We want peace in Istan in our time."
- "I fear the rumors of war may be true. If Varesh Ossa wishes to conquer Istan, what can we do to stop her."
- "I cannot imagine that either Vabbi or Kourna would allow a war in Istan. The very idea is ludicrous."
- "War is costly in both gold and soldiers. It must be avoided."
- "We have no issue with the Kournans. Why do they insist on war?"
After completion of the Consulate Docks mission.
- "I do not trust Kourna. Why aren't they counter-attacking? What is Varesh Ossa planning?"
- "I told the Elders to keep a leash on that dog, Kormir. It seems I was right."
- "Kormir! Bah! This is all her fault! She was too impulsive. Kourna would have accepted our treaty in time."
- "Kourna has been deeply insulted. We must give them Kormir in chains if we are to have peace."
- "Out of my sight, Sunspear! Your kind gets no respect from me today."
After completion of the Moddok Crevice mission.
- "Are the Sunspears safe?"
- "Do not speak to me, Sunspear mutt."
- "I worry about the Sunspears. When the Kournans are done with them, who will protect Istan?"
- "Let Varesh waste her energy hunting the Sunspears. We win, either way."
- "Varesh Ossa, they say, is descended from a true King of Elona. She is simply seizing her birthright."
After completion of the Grand Court of Sebelkeh mission.
- "How did you manage to convince the three princes to listen?"
- "I have been watching you, <player name>. Your efforts are heroic. Istan will remember."
- "Vabbi? Allies? Are you joking? What will they want in return?"
- "Well, well. Vabbian allies. Perhaps you have more worth than your friends, Sunspear."
- "Why ally with the Vabbians? Just make peace with Varesh."
After completion of the Ruins of Morah mission.
- "Even in Vabbi, they know this is the end of the world."
- "It doesn't matter now. Nothing does. Nightfall is upon us."
- "It's the end of the world as we know it, but I feel fine."
- "Nightfall is a curse from the gods! How would they wish such evil upon us?"
- "Varesh. This is all her fault. You fought well, <player name>, but there is nothing a mortal could do."
After completion of the Abaddon's Gate mission.
- "I admit I was wrong about you Sunspears. Maybe you do have some worth."
- "Nightfall is over, and Istan still stands! Praise Dwayna!"
- "Thank you, for everything you did to help this country."
- "Well done, Sunspear! All of Istan will remember your name!"
- "Yes, yes. Very well done. I eat my words. Are you satisfied?"
 The Tribunal
- Go tell the Kournans we will not fight them. We want peace in Istan in our time.
- I fear the rumors of war may be true. If Varesh Ossa wishes to conquer Istan, what can we do to stop her.
- I cannot imagine that either Vabbi or Kourna would allow a war in Istan. The very idea is ludicrous.
- War is costly in both gold and soldiers. It must be avoided.
- We have no issue with the Kournans. Why do they insist on war?
- "Peace in our time" is possibly a reference to an oft-misquoted Neville Chamberlain speech prior to WWII.
- "It's the end of the world as we know it, but I feel fine." is likely a reference to the REM song of the same name.
- "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure" is often attributed to former US Vice President Dan Quayle; the quote originated in a MAD magazine article as something Quayle might say.