The login screen is the first screen shown when you start up Guild Wars: the login dialog, announcements, and other current notices are drawn in front of the current character selection screen backdrop while the camera slowly orbits the area and the current theme music plays.
You can manage your options before entering the game, though key bindings are unchangeable outside of the game proper.
You can create a new account, add access keys, or test your hardware in the login dialog. Further account managment options, such as the in-game store, are available once you log in and enter the character selection screen.
- A security question, requiring the name of a character on the account, was added with the December 21, 2009 update.
- The Performance Monitor is available in the lower right corner, allowing you to gauge your graphic and network performance before entering the game.
- If you check "Hide UI", the login screen UI will disappear after an idle timeout, and then reappear when you move your mouse. This option will also remain set between visits to the login screen.
- You can automatically bypass the login screen by using certain command line switches.
- If there are no announcements to display, that pane will not be shown at all.
|Camera • Character selection screen • Dye Preview • Friends List • Guild Menu • Hair, and Indeed, Everything Stylist • Help • Hero flag • Hero panel • Inventory • Log Out • Login screen • Mission Map • Movement controls • Observer mode • Options • Party Search panel • Pet Control panel • PvP Equipment • Quest Log • Reconnect after disconnect • Report • Score Chart • Skill icon • Skills and Attributes Panel • Trade Window • Unclaimed Items • Vault box • Weapon set • World Map|