Lucky Treats Week
Trinkets from a Distant Land
A mysterious celebration from a far-off realm will influence our fine lands this weekend. Featuring iconic representations of strange quad-leafed plants, this holiday is unlike anything I have seen before. While I am uncertain what the holiday commemorates, it is clear the underlying themes are the color green and the zealous consumption of alcoholic beverages. Actually, many who celebrate this holiday in that distant land may not even know what they are celebrating, but that does not seem to stop them from having a good time!
Perhaps stranger than the foliage-tinged festival itself was the source of my information. A man no taller than a dwarf, with hair as orange as an Ascalonian sunset and clothing greener than the Maguuma jungle [sic] approached me and said to expect a "bit o' fun" this weekend. He told me there is a strange force of magic at work which may produce unusual outcomes this weekend, and if an adventurer slays the enemies of Tyria, Cantha, or Elona, there is a chance the victor will be rewarded with a mysterious item from that miniscule messenger's homeland.
When I asked about the nature of the items, my small friend merely winked and spoke of intoxicating pints of Shamrock Ale and unusual objects called "Four-Leaf Clovers," which he proclaimed would offer great benefits to an adventuring party, and perhaps even give those who use one an extra bit o' luck! In all honesty, I am not altogether certain the little man hadn't had a few pints already.
And with that, the tiny traveler vanished, leaving me with etchings of the strange items he had mentioned. I have added these images within this scroll, so you may all decide for yourselves the veracity of his statements. Perhaps you might even be lucky enough to find some at this week's end.
— The Scribe (2007)
- Lucky Treats Week
Starting at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT) on March 14th, Shamrock Ale and Four-Leaf CLovers [sic] start dropping throughout Tyria. Be sure to gather all the green you can before Lucky Treats Week ends at Noon Pacific, March 21st. Go fast, adventurers, and may the wind be always at your back!
|Four-Leaf Clover||Shamrock Ale|
- During this event:
- Four-Leaf Clovers and Shamrock Ales will randomly drop from PvE foes.
- In Guild versus Guild, the opposing Guild Lord drops either 10 Four-Leaf Clovers or 10 Shamrock Ales for each player of the winning team when he dies. To prevent exploitation, no rewards are offered if (a) the match ends after 28 minutes without either side killing a Guild Lord or (b) the battle ends in under 5 minutes (e.g. due to one team resigning or zoning).
- "May the wind be always at your back" in the login screen announcement is quoting a traditional Irish toast.
- During the 2007 weekend the following bonuses were also available:
- The GvG rewards were introduced in 2011.
- Prior to 2014, Lucky Treats events were not on a fixed schedule. Dates of the event prior to 2014:
Year Dates 2007 Noon PST on Friday, March 16th – midnight PDT on Sunday, March 18th 2008 Noon PST on Friday, March 14th – 11:59 PM PDT on Monday, March 17th 2009 Noon PST on Friday, March 13th – 11:59 PM PDT on Tuesday, March 17th 2010 Noon PST on Friday, March 12th – 11:59 PM PDT on Wednesday, March 17th 2011 Noon PST on Friday, March 11th – 11:59 PM PDT on Friday, March 18th 1 2012 Noon PST on Friday, March 9th – 11:59 PM PDT on Thursday, March 15th 2 2013 Noon PST on Friday, March 8th – 11:59 PM PDT on Thursday, March 14th 3
- 1 Ended 24 hours earlier than scheduled, on Thursday March 17th. The event was extended to the 18th to make up for this.
- 2 Ended 24 hours earlier than scheduled, on Wednesday March 14th.
- 3 Ended 24 hours earlier than scheduled, on Wednesday March 13th.
- Unlike the other Lucky Treats events, the 2012 and 2013 events were not active during Saint Patrick's Day.
|Canthan New Year||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|April Fools' Day||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|Anniversary Celebration||2nd • 3rd • 4th • 5th • 6th • 7th • 8th • 9th onward|
|Dragon Festival||2006 • 2007 (Redux) • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|Wintersday in July||2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|Halloween||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 (Redux) • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Wintersday||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 (Redux) • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 onward|
|Other annual events|| Breast Cancer Awareness Month • Lucky Treats Week • Pirate Week |
Special Treats Week • Sweet Treats Week • Wayfarer's Reverie
|One-time only events||Day of the Tengu • Farewell to Gaile|