Mad King's Influence
From Guild Wars Wiki
- This article is about the disguise. For the skill, see The Mad King's Influence.
- Concise description
Disguise. The Mad King's Influence is affecting your skills. You have new attributes and skills while under this effect.
Skills and attributes
|Flare||Spear of Light||Spirit Rift||Echo||Throw Dirt||Healing Signet||Dash||Resurrection Signet|
- This disguise is applied to all party members, Sergeant Weststar, Chance Redding, Jenn Valefield, and any summoning stone ally when a party member approaches the Ascalon Settlement (upon passing the collector Wintun the Black using this route) during Evil Residents or Evil Residents Code: Harmonica. Any summoning stone ally summoned after this disguise is applied will not be affected by this disguise.
- While under this disguise, insignia, runes, Weakness, weapon upgrade components[verification requested] and skills cannot modify attribute rank, maximum energy (e.g. "Brawn over Brains"), energy regeneration (i.e. Succor) nor energy degeneration (e.g. Zealous or enchantments with an upkeep). Maximum health can only be modified by a Norn form. Morale Boost and Death Penalty do not affect maximum health nor energy. Skills that provide health regeneration are unaffected by this disguise. Successful attacks with a Vampiric or Zealous weapon still provide Life Draining or energy gain, respectively; however, Vampiric weapons still cause health degeneration while Zealous weapons do not cause energy degeneration.
- Consider equipping weapons with the appropriate HCT and/or HSR to cause certain attribute spells or all spells to have a chance of half cast or recharge time.
- Consider bringing and equipping shields that require 12 or less Tactics.
- Characters on an account that does not have Guild Wars Factions cannot use Spear of Light, Spirit Rift nor Dash, since those are Factions skills.
- When Candy Corn Tyrant dies, Mad King's Influence is removed from all party members.
- Unlike other disguises, this disguise does not cause party members or allies to appear differently.
- Some skills will still be effective after this disguise is applied:
- An animal companion will remain if Charm Animal, Comfort Animal or Heal as One is equipped; however, if it dies it can only be resurrected when there is a party wipe, which results in it and the rest of the party resurrecting at a Resurrection Shrine. This disguise will not be applied to animal companions. Since the Beast Mastery attribute rank of the pet owner will be reduced to 0, the pet will deal a low amount of damage, but it can be used as a meat shield, especially to prevent Minion Apocalypse from triggering near party members; consider bringing a Hearty pet.
- Maintained enchantments will no longer require upkeep and continue to be maintained by player characters; consider equipping Holy Veil, Life Attunement (which increases Healing Signet's heal), Life Barrier, Life Bond, Mending, Retribution, and/or Watchful Spirit. The only maintained enchantments that will no longer require upkeep and continue to be maintained by heroes are the ones that cannot target/enchant another ally, such as Unyielding Aura.
- Skills that last indefinitely without an upkeep, such as Faithful Intervention and Illusion of Weakness, will continue to remain on players and heroes.
- Characters that are under the effects of a Norn form when Mad King's Influence is applied will have their Norn form skill bar replaced with the Mad King's Influence skill bar; however, once the duration of the Norn form ends, the Mad King's Influence skill bar will revert back to the skill bar before activating the Norn form skill. Even though the character does not have the Mad King's Influence skill bar, Mad King's Influence still appears in their effects monitor and all of its other effects (i.e. the 600 health, 50 energy, 4 energy regeneration, and fixed attribute ranks) still affect the character.
- This allows characters to complete the quest using a Norn form skill and other skills instead of using the Mad King's Influence skill bar. Since attribute ranks are fixed, consider bringing Fire Magic, Smiting Prayers (which most of its skills deal holy damage that is doubled against all quest-related foes except Candy Corn Tyrant; Banish is particularly effective against minions, which there are an abundance of), Tactics, Expertise, Channeling Magic (e.g. Channeling Magic binding rituals), No Attribute (e.g. Arcane Echo, Arcane Mimicry [to copy Echo from an ally affected by this disguise or another elite skill], Dash, Enchanted Haste, Epidemic, Essence Bond, and Web of Disruption), "essentially unlinked" (e.g. Call of Haste if bringing a pet) and/or PvE-only skills to use while the Norn form is recharging.
- Using a tonic (that can be used when not in an outpost nor town, e.g. Transmogrifier Tonic) while under the effects of Mad King's Influence will remove Mad King's Influence from the effects monitor, which causes the character's health, energy, energy regeneration, and attribute ranks to no longer be affected by Mad King's Influence; however, the Mad King's Influence skill bar remains. By using a tonic after the Mad King's Influence skill bar reverts back to the skill bar before activating a Norn form skill, the skills a character brings with a Norn form skill is no longer limited by the fixed attribute ranks of Mad King's Influence.
- Consider bringing skills that deal holy damage, since it is doubled against all quest-related foes except Candy Corn Tyrant.
- Consider bringing Verata's Aura and/or Verata's Gaze to take control of the numerous minions your party encounters.
- Consider bringing skills to interrupt Zombie Warlock's Death Nova.
- This disguise was added to the gw.dat in Halloween 2011 (source); however, it was not introduced to players until Halloween 2012 (source) when the Evil Residents and Evil Residents Code: Harmonica quests were introduced.
- In Halloween 2012, this disguise also provided 10 Command rank.