From Guild Wars Wiki
|Affiliation||Depths of Tyria wildlife|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Location in Heart of the Shiverpeaks
16 Fire Magic
- Fire Attunement
- Flame Burst
- Liquid Flame
- Savannah Heat (elite)
- Burning Immunity (monster skill)
- Magmus only appears if your character has finished the Heart of the Shiverpeaks quest; otherwise, you will encounter Cyndr the Mountain Heart.
- Numerous Oozes will pop up when Magmus is first aggroed. Many use Ooze Division, resulting in even greater numbers of foes. After breaking aggro the first time, nearly all of these can be pulled away from Magmus, in smaller groups. These oozes are affected by the Fire Spouts in the area, and do not attempt to flee from them. It's common for more than half of the oozes to be killed by this phenomenon after 10-15 minutes without combat, and that pace can be hastened with the use of Edge of Extinction.
- When Magmus has 1/4 health left it will go back to the middle and split into 10 Magma Blisters.
- Magmus is resistant to interrupts in Hard mode and cannot be Dazed.
- Consider bringing snares to prevent Magmus from reaching your midline and backline and using Flame Burst and Inferno on them, such as knock downs (e.g. "You Move Like a Dwarf!") and Tryptophan Signet (its duration will not be affected by Natural Resistance, which most Eye of the North bosses have).