- This article is about the summon. For other uses, see Merchant (disambiguation).
A Merchant (summon) is an NPC summoned using a Mercantile Summoning Stone who offers to buy and sell items just like a merchant. However, he will follow at a greater distance than most allies do and will defend himself if attacked.
17 Tactics at level 20
- "Select an item from my list below, then click "Buy.""
- "Select an item from your inventory below, then click "Sell.""
 In combat
- "Bring me your woes some other time, friend."
- "Duty calls."
- "Fight now. Talk later."
- "Fight, damn it!"
- "Help. A little help here."
- "If you haven't noticed, I'm busy at the moment."
- "Let's give 'em a whooping!"
- "Not now!"
- "Now is not the time for idle chatter!"
- "Spill the blood of our foes!"
- "Stop wagging your tongue and start whooping some butt!"
- "Tell me later. Right now I have enemies to slaughter."
- "The fight rages. This battle is not yet won."
- "The time for jabbering over a pint will come later."
- "To arms! To arms!"
- "We will reminisce after this battle is won."
- "Your words fall on deaf ears. For now I fight."
 Goods offered
- The level of the summons will be the same as the summoner's actual level (it will not be increased by Journey to the North or Sunspear Battle Call).
- His weapon is considered to be a sword.
- Though he appears human, Disease does not spread between him and the rest of the (human) party members.
- When the person he is following stops moving, he may stop at the same location, appearing to be "inside" the person.
- Merchants can cross the Desolation without using a Junundu.
- This summon dies with a Shield of Deflection animation if it lasts its full duration.