From Guild Wars Wiki
|Affiliation||Order of the Sunspears|
- "I'm not entirely sure what you're saying, but I can see from the way you're flapping your arms about that you're trying to get my attention. Well, what is it? These area-of-effect explosions are really blasting away! Aren't they the greatest? What's that? Yes, I teach them. Do you want to learn? I can't promise you'll come through with your hearing intact, but the explosions along the way are something to see!"
- "Hm? What? Speak up, that last explosion was a bit too close for my ears."
- Tell me about area effects.
- "To fight effectively, you must study the circles of effect. As you approach your opponents, you become more dangerous to them, but they are more dangerous to you. In a similar manner, as you approach your allies, they can help you more, and you can help them more. There are four main areas of effect in combat, three of which we have demonstrated in our circles here. "Adjacent" applies to anyone close enough for you to swing a weapon at. "Nearby" is the next largest area of effect, and "in the area" describes the largest area of effect. The range of the fourth effect, "Earshot," equals the white circle known as the "danger zone" on your Compass."
- Tell me about Overcast.
- "Later you will learn more powerful spells that cause Overcast. Overcast temporarily lowers your maximum amount of available Energy. Each time you cast a spell that causes Overcast, you will see a gray bar appear at the end of your Energy Bar. This bar shows how much your maximum Energy has decreased. Continual use of spells that cause Overcast can result in losing most, if not all, of your potential Energy pool. After a short time, you will see your Energy Bar begin to recover one point of Energy at a time until it returns back to normal. There are also some spells which gain bonus effects if you cast them when you are Overcast. Look out for these skills in your travels as they can be quite powerful when paired with a corresponding spell which causes Overcast."
- Can you teach me some Elementalist skills?
To those of other professions with the secondary profession already chosen:
- "Are you talking to me? I can't hear you. The explosions are deafening. It's the greatest!"