Polymock: Defeat Yulma
|Polymock: Defeat Yulma|
|Section||Tarnished Coast Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by|| Hoff |
in Rata Sum
|Followed by||Polymock: Defeat Plurgg|
|Type|| Secondary quest|
Start your lessons in polymock by facing your first opponent.
 Quest information
- Register three Polymock pieces for play with Denn [Polymock Unlocks] at Rata Sum.
- Talk to Yulma [Polymock] to start the game.
- Defeat Yulma in a game of Polymock at Rata Sum.
- See Hoff [Polymock Master] for your reward.
Hoff will give you your three starter Polymock pieces: Gargoyle, Mergoyle, and Skale. With them in your inventory, talk to Denn to register them one by one. A registered Polymock piece will be removed from your inventory and your character (and only that character) will be able to use this piece in any Polymock game. Once you have three pieces registered (if you don't have additional pieces from dungeon rewards), talk to Yulma to challenge her.
Yulma's pieces and their unique skills are as follows:
- Gargoyle: Polymock Lightning Strike, Polymock Lightning Orb, Polymock Lightning Djinn's Haste
- Skale: Polymock Deathly Chill, Polymock Rising Bile, Polymock Rotting Flesh
- Mergoyle: Polymock Overload, Polymock Glyph Destabilization, Polymock Mind Wreck
Yulma is fairly easy to beat. You can freely use any of the pieces you have against her in any order, although leaving the Gargoyle piece for last might be a good idea as it's your most damaging piece and you can use it to regain ground if you've lost your first two pieces.
Yulma can be a bit disconcerting to fight because she sometimes uses skills in odd combinations (such as using Glyph of Concentration and then Blocking, for example), and has frequent pauses in between using skills. This can make her somewhat difficult to predict (and therefore interrupt/block). In general, a good offense is the best way to deal with Yulma; it is possible to simply spam your offensive skills at her until she loses.
 Initial dialogue
- "[Solo Quest] Most Asura learn to play Polymock at a very young age...some before they can even walk. I myself was taught the basics by my mother while inside the womb...don't ask how. Let's just say that you've got some catching up to do. We'll start you off against some Asura who, honestly, aren't that great at the game. Frankly, if you can't beat a novice, you won't stand a chance against a master Polymock tactician like myself. So if you are you[sic] ready, speak with Denn here in Rata Sum to unlock your first three Polymock pieces. Then, once you've registered your pieces, take on Yulma in a game! She plays here in town as well."
 Reward dialogue
- "So you managed to score a win against Yulma, did you? Well don't get too excited; she's hardly a pro. I just taught her how to play a week ago. But, if you're ready for it, I've got some real games lined up for you where you can prove your merit."