|Given by|| Prince Ahmtur the Mighty |
in Wilderness of Bahdza
|Followed by||Guard Rescue|
(Click to enlarge)
Throw the harpies into disarray and destroy their morale, by assassinating two of their leaders.
 Quest information
- Glean information about the harpies from Captain Jafahni.
- Scavenge the wilderness for Screecher and Scratcher. Kill them to reduce harpy morale.
- See Prince Ahmtur the Mighty for your reward.
 Environmental changes
- Captain Jafahni and the "Elder Skree" harpies in Wilderness of Bahdza (Elder Skree Griffins, Elder Skree Raiders, Elder Skree Singers, and Elder Skree Trackers) will no longer spawn after this quest is completed.
Start out from Dzagonur Bastion, and meet Captain Jafahni in the Wilderness of Bahdza (just to the east of the outpost). From here, follow your quest pointer deep into the wilderness to hunt down and slay the two harpy leaders: Screecher and Scratcher.
Each leader will be accompanied by 3 other skree harpies, usually Trackers and Raiders. After defeating each leader's group, a 2nd group of skree will pop up and attempt to run away, towards the portal with Resplendent Makuun (without attacking the party); chasing them down or letting them run away does not affect the quest.
Alternately, one can zone into the Wilderness of Bahdza from the Resplendent Makuun entrance. Screecher and Scratcher are both relatively near the portal, and once they have been slain, you will receive credit for completion.
Once the two skree leaders have been killed, return to Prince Ahmtur in the north-west corner of the Wilderness (or map back to Dzagonur Bastion and take a short walk into the Citadel).
- 24 (26), 28 (30) Elder Skree Raider
- 24 (26), 28 (30) Elder Skree Tracker
- 24 (26), 28 (30) Elder Skree Griffin
- 24 (26), 28 (30) Elder Skree Singer
 Initial dialogue
- Prince Ahmtur the Mighty
- "You arrive like a shining beacon of strength, <character name>. The skree harpies have become more aggressive since the last moon. After studying their maneuvers from afar, I have surmised that they rely upon commanders for combat direction. Without those leaders in place, their forces will scatter like ants."
- "There are two leaders, Screecher and Scratcher. With those two eliminated, our forces will have little trouble mopping up the stragglers. Will you help us?"
 Intermediate dialogue
- Captain Jafahni
- "The prince shared his plan of attack with you, did he? There's only one way to find out if his theory holds water; I hope for your sake that it does. May Dwayna watch over you and your friends, <character name>."
 Reward dialogue
- Prince Ahmtur the Mighty
- "Was I correct? I knew it! Oh, how I wish I could have seen those beaked wretches panic in fear! Thank you so much for your help, <character name>. Vabbi is indebted to you."
- The additional Skree popup group at the second leader, Scratcher, sometimes gets stuck on the shrine nearby when they try to run away.
- The group of Skrees near Scratcher will attack you when you begin to fight with him, but occasionally if you inflict enough damage they will run away through the portal into Resplendent Makuun.