Interactive Map of Pre-Searing.
An unexplored map of pre-Searing Ascalon.
Other non-interactive maps
Once, Ascalon was a beautiful, fertile land of rolling green countryside and magnificent cities. Her people were viewed as a bit grim by their neighbors, but this was perhaps to be expected, given their never-ending war against the Charr. Indeed, it was their unfailing vigilance, their Great Northern Wall, and the blood they shed each year to defend it that had protected not only Ascalon, but also Kryta and Orr through the ages.
Ascalon was once a land filled with wheat fields, blossoming flowers, and natural irrigation throughout the fertile landscape. Ascalon is located between the Shiverpeak Mountains and the Blazeridge Mountains.
During the last Guild War, the people of Rin looked to Adelbern to lead them; he was crowned king due to his feats and popularity. Duke Barradin was the next heir to the throne before Adelbern was crowned and, as such, some of his supporters were not happy when a soldier was named instead. Some royalists, including nobles and members of the court, became bandits and took to the countryside.
 Getting there
Newly created Prophecies characters start in this region; it is the only way to access this region.
 Towns and outposts
 Explorable areas
- Althea's Actors Stage
- Apple orchard
- Barradin's Vineyard
- Cauldron of Cataclysm
- Devourer cave
- Fishing village
- Green Hills caravan
- Healing Spring (object)
- King's Watch
- Piken Square (pre-Searing)
- The secret garden
- Wizard's Folly tower
- Guilds at War
- Ascension Song (only in The Catacombs)
- Eye of the Storm
- Gwen's Theme
- Pre-Searing Ascalon takes place two years before the rest of the Prophecies campaign and is the course of a single day. As a result, it exists outside the scope of the rest of the Guild Wars world and offers some unique features:
- There is no death penalty in this region; there is also no hard mode. However, you still gain a morale boost from killing bosses and consumables.
- There are no henchmen in any of the outposts.
- When you leave the area via the Ascalon Academy mission, three henchmen will join your party if no human players are available.
- Party size is limited to two players.
- There are five quests that require the assistance of another player, four of which take place in the Northlands.
- There are statues of the Gods of Tyria in this area, but kneeling before them will not summon avatars (which also means you cannot obtain blessings).
- Your character will earn the Defender of Ascalon title if they reach level 20 here.
- Enemies in this region will not scatter automatically due to recurrent AoE damage like Fire Storm.
- Higher value loot only drops in the Northlands. This includes
- Pet deaths do not cause temporary skill blackout or adrenaline loss for their owner.
- Once you leave this region, you cannot return.
- Permanent pre-Searing characters are those who remain in the area long after their training is complete.
 See also
- Permanent pre-Searing character
- List of armor collectors in Ascalon (pre-Searing)
- List of Ascalon (pre-Searing) skills
- List of Ascalon (pre-Searing) skill quest givers
- List of pre-Searing quests
|Ascalon (pre-Searing) • Ascalon • Shiverpeak Mountains (Northern Shiverpeaks • Southern Shiverpeaks) • Kryta • Maguuma Jungle • Crystal Desert • Ring of Fire Islands|