The Rainbow Phoenix is a charmable animal found in the Hall of Monuments. Although this pet starts with an average size, it grows to be the largest pet in the game.
Size comparison between a level 20 Rainbow Phoenix and a character.
- Because it only appears when you are alone and when there are no resurrection shrines, even in the Zaishen Menagerie:
- This is the only pet that cannot be charmed by heroes.
- It is the only pet that cannot be death leveled easily (it takes well over four hours to spam over 500 uses of Eternal Aura, the only self-resurrection skill that prevents wipes).
- Hearty, Playful, Elder, and Aggressive Rainbow Phoenixes deal piercing damage, while Dire and Unevolved Rainbow Phoenixes deal slashing damage.
- The unlocking costs require obtaining 7,500 + 2 350 or the equivalent of earning 14 ranks total in the Gladiator, Hero, Champion, Codex, or Commander title tracks.
The bird can appear in your Hall of Monuments under other conditions than listed above. However, no one has yet advanced a successful theory that explains the exceptions. Some players speculate that things have changed since the introduction of the account-wide view of the HoM. See this discussion