Ruins of Morah
- This article is about a mission. This name is also used for an outpost and a Zaishen mission quest. For the explorable area, see The Ruptured Heart.
|Ruins of Morah|
|Required hero||General Morgahn|
|Preceded by||Horde of Darkness|
|Followed by||Uncharted Territory|
The objective of Ruins of Morah is simply to kill Varesh in one last attempt to prevent her from bringing about Nightfall.
You will fight against Varesh twice; during the first part, she fights you as Prophet Varesh, utilizing powerful AoE skills. The second part consists of fighting Commander Varesh as she leads Abaddon's demons to battle.
- 1 Mission information
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 NPCs
- 4 Dialogue
- 5 Notes
General Morgahn must be in your party to enter the mission.
|Normal mode||Completion time||Rewards|
|Standard||> 12 minutes||1,000 XP||100||1||35|
|Expert's||8 - 12 minutes||1,500 XP||150||1||35|
|Master's||< 8 minutes||2,000 XP||200||1||35|
|Hard mode||Completion time||Rewards|
|Standard||> 14 minutes||1,000 XP||200||1||75|
|Expert's||10 - 14 minutes||2,000 XP||300||1||75|
|Master's||< 10 minutes||3,000 XP||500||1||75|
Recommended: hold the entrance
Killing her is easy—but she will be resurrected after with a variety of Torment creatures—so it is recommended to fight away from the crater and close to the entry point of the mission. Use anti-melee skills (i.e. blind, snares and/or knock downs). Do not stand in either of her Earth or Frost Vortices.
There is a short interval between her first death and her new form as the paragon Commander Varesh. Use the time delay to rush back towards your entry point and flag henchmen/heroes. Torment creatures with the skill Call to the Torment (which allows them to duplicate) appear around the crater and start to patrol counter-clockwise. Her new form also has a monster skill called Enemies Must Die! which will focus all of the torment creatures' attacks on one of your allies - just like players targeting priority foes for heroes. Either take out a few demons first to finally strike her, or focus your entire firepower on her to kill her as quickly as possible. The second death of Varesh ends the mission.
Alternative: hold the center
Using caster heroes and henchmen only, move to where Varesh initially spawns in the mission. After killing the Clerics and then the first form of Varesh, instead of flagging your allies atop the hill, keep them with you in the center. If you stay in the center, most of the torment demons should patrol around the area without aggroing your party. Some demons might wander into your Danger Zone but by that time they hopefully shouldn't represent much of a threat.
- Display your Lightbringer title and bring Lightbringer's Gaze.
- Melee counter, blind, punishment hexes (such as Spoil Victor and Visions of Regret) for Varesh.
- Inspired Hex or Revealed Hex to quickly remove Varesh's hexes, since they recharge instantly due to being monster skills.
- Pain Inverter can hurt Varesh because of her various powerful skills.
- Party wide and single protective skills like Shield of Absorption and Spirit Bond to counter the spike from enemies when Varesh uses Enemies Must Die!.
Demons (Torment creatures)
- 28 (30) Arm of Insanity
- 28 (30) Shadow of Fear
- 28 (30) Herald of Nightmares
- 28 (30) Spear of Torment
- Morgahn: "The Mouth of Torment. Varesh's mentor, Kahyet, spoke of it."
- Morgahn: "It was here that the Five Gods defeated Abaddon."
- Morgahn: "Here that the walls of his prison are the weakest."
- <player name>: "Here that Varesh Ossa will finish her ritual."
- Morgahn: "She will turn the world into Torment, and unleash Abaddon into that world."
- <player name>: "Are you up for this?"
- Morgahn: "Yes. No. I just remember Varesh as she was. She did so much for Kourna. She was a good leader."
- <player name>: "She has been touched by Abaddon."
- Morgahn: "We have all been touched by Abaddon. Our entire world. We must stop it now."
- <player name>: "When the time comes, you have to strike."
- Morgahn: "I know. But I will strike her down only because I remember what she was."
- Morgahn: "I will redeem her memory."
- <player name>: "That will be good enough."
- Prophet Varesh: Abaddon reclaims his possessions, soon his true power will be revealed and the door to his prison opened.
When Commander Varesh spawns.
- Commander Varesh: I have returned! Abaddon's sword has been drawn, and he sends me back to you with tokens of his renewed power!
- The gate to Abaddon's prison is nearly opened!
- Welcome to your end.
- You will not live to see the sun rise. If it ever rises again.
- Your arrogance has doomed you!
- Morgahn: "I am sorry, Varesh. Both for you and for Elona."
- <player name>: "What now, Morgahn? We stopped the ritual. Does it end with Varesh's death?"
- Morgahn: "I don't know. Each part of the ritual, at Gandara, at the Temple of Lyssa, and now here, was to weaken the walls of Abaddon's prison."
- <player name>: "If the walls are weakened too much, could something breach them from the other side? From the Realm of Torment itself?"
- Morgahn: "I don't know..."
- <player name>: "Everyone! Out of the area! Now!"
- Night has fallen on Elona.
- The heroes must confront the dark god Abaddon...
- In the Realm of Torment itself.
- Sometimes, Commander Varesh doesn't move at all.
- After completing this mission, your party will be in the Gate of Torment.