Secrets in the Shadow
|Secrets in the Shadow|
|Given by|| Master of Whispers |
in Jahai Bluffs
|Preceded by||Mysterious Message|
|Followed by||To Kill a Demon|
(Click to enlarge)
 Quest information
- Meet with Dehjah, an ally of the Master of Whispers.
- Destroy the demons from the earth. [3...0] of 3 groups remain.
- See Master of Whispers for your reward.
 Environmental changes
Secrets in the Shadow is offered right after completion of the Mysterious Message quest, together with a mutually exclusive primary quest For a Price. Note: Secrets in the Shadow leads to the recruitment of Master of Whispers and For a Price leads to the recruitment of Margrid the Sly.
Travel to Kodonur Crossroads then leave through the portal there into Dejarin Estate. Head to the marker and speak with Dehjah. She will summon 3 groups of Droughtlings that will converge on Dehjah's location. It is advisable to move away immediately after you have talked with Dehjah to avoid being attacked by all 3 groups of Droughtlings simultaneously - doing this allows you to engage each group separately. Defeat them and talk to Master of Whispers to collect the reward.
- 24 Droughtling
 Initial dialogue
Master of Whispers
- "You must know there is a great darkness falling across Elona. As a demon hunter, it is my task to keep that from happening.
- Before we can kill our adversary to the north I must meet with an ally. We will find her at the Dejarin Estate where I have arranged for your first test."
 Intermediate dialogue
- "So it is you the Master has chosen. If you can survive this crucible, perhaps you can assist us in our battle."
- Master of Whispers: "These djinn are our allies. We fight for a common cause."
- Dehjah: "Indeed...we both wish to push back this dark presence, which threatens our very existence within the Elon."
- Master of Whispers: "Before we face the Drought, you must first pass unscathed through this crucible."
- Master of Whispers: "The land itself is changing; it is becoming tormented. These are lesser demons. A sign of what is to come."
- Dehjah: "I will call those we have trapped beneath the earth."
 Reward dialogue
Master of Whispers
- "You survived most admirably. The first rule of hunting demons is to avoid becoming one. Now, we must move quickly before our enemies grow stronger."
- Some have claimed that the Master of Whispers will not give out the reward if one party member is dead on completion of the quest. As such, make sure that all party members are alive before talking to the Master of Whispers.